The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old December 30, 2008, 10:32 PM   #1
the machinist

Quote button?

I see some people quote stuff on here but for the life of me I cant find where to click "quote" when I want to reply.. Am I just blind or stupid?? thanks!
Old December 30, 2008, 10:35 PM   #2
Don H

http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=323215
Old December 30, 2008, 10:39 PM   #3
Casimer

Quote:
how to quote
Highlight the text that you want to quote, copy it, paste it into your post, and then click the quote icon that's the third from the right on the bottom row of the editing toolbar above the text entry window.

or just write [\QUOTE] .. text .. [\/QUOTE] surrounding the text - remove the '\' marks.
Old December 30, 2008, 11:28 PM   #4
the machinist

Highlight the text that you want to quote, copy it, paste it into your post
Old December 31, 2008, 12:23 AM   #5
snuffy

Quote:
Highlight the text that you want to quote, copy it, paste it into your post, and then click the quote icon that's the third from the right on the bottom row of the editing toolbar above the text entry window.
Like this. If you want to do it without clicking on the little balloon (third from the right, second row above where you type) go
Quote:
paste in the test you just copied then type this
Or, click on the balloon that looks like a miniature page of a letter
Quote:
then paste in the text you just copied.
Oh, how to copy. Just left click and move the cursor over the text you want to copy. That turns the text blue. Now right click on the blue text, a window will pop up. Left click the copy icon, it moves that text into your puters memory,(clipboard). Then when you create the quote area, right click in the message area the widow pops up, click paste the text will go between the quotes. Clear?

They're going to get their butts kicked over there this election. How come people can't spell and use words correctly?