The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old February 18, 2008, 03:18 PM   #1
Mbolling

Remington Nylon 66

I need instructions for assembling a remington nylon 66. Does anybody have them?
Old February 18, 2008, 06:19 PM   #2
rcupka

http://www.nylonrifles.com/Nylonpdf/66DIS.pdf
Old March 11, 2008, 10:01 PM   #3
montveil

nylon 66

I had a devil of a time trying to figure out how part 13 went together. It has to go above the pin.
I throughly cleaned all the parts but if I had to do it again I would not completely dissemble it but only remove th bolt and clean any carbon you can reach and use a spray gun cleaner that contains a solvent- available in Walmart etc.
Old March 31, 2008, 11:09 PM   #4
desertjoe

nylon 66

Hey mbolling,, rcupka really helped me with an address that gets you what looks like an actual copy of the Reminfton owners manual.That Guy is the greatest. With the manual, I was able to get my grandson's gun apart to clean and replace the bolt handle. You should be careful when you remove the trigger guard,, cause you can easily break the trigger itself when holding it to remove the bolt. ( I did! ) Somebody else on this thread recommended, Do Not completely disassemble the gun unless you really have to! These are good words of advice. This gun can easily be cleaned by removing down to the bolt and using tooth brushes and other small straight brushes. I also contacted Remington customer service and they sent me a parts breakdown and an owners manual, so man, I was shi****g in tall cotton with all that info!! Some info that may help others out there, my grandson's .22 is actually not a Remington nylon 66 but a copy made in Brazil by CBC and imported by FIE out of Miami,FL. I looked an awful long time for parts for A CBC 22 with no luck until I found a link on the internet that the CBC was a clone of the Remington nylon 66. The FIE company that imported them is no longer in business so that added to the dificulty. I ordered the bolt handle from Numrich and the trigger came from Brownells and both parts fit perfectly. So there yoy have it,, thats my story and I'm sticking to it. joe r
Old April 4, 2008, 09:17 AM   #5
montveil

nylon 66 field manual

There is a Remington Field Manual for this rifle 41 pages Google it ~ $800

It is very detailed
Old April 4, 2008, 09:27 AM   #6
Redneckrepairs

I hate to say it but i have to find a stock for a 66 I have the black/white diamond chromed one and broke the stock. I just retired the rifle for years , but am now beginning to think about putting it back into shooting trim.