The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old October 15, 2016, 07:09 PM   #1
Machineguntony

Texas International Firearms Festival

I just came back from the Texas Firearms Festival. I had a great time. Tomorrow, I'll take couple of my friends. Today, I wanted to do nothing but shoot lots of guns. VIP access was definitely worth it. VIP access has their own fast pass line, so you go right to the front. On certain lines, like the skeet line, I would shoot, then go back into the VIP line and shoot some more. The only downside to VIP is that they put the VIP lounge on the edge of the event. They should have put it right in the middle.

Here are some pics I took.

Benelli had a skeet range. Their over under was sweet. I'm getting one. I kept going back into the line. I couldn't get enough. I love skeet/trap.

I got to shoot the tracking point equipped rifle.

Here are the prices for the Tracking Point. They claim that their 1400 model can shoot four inch groups at 1400 yards.

This is a gentleman shooting the tracking point. Interesting experience. I liked it, but maybe not enough to buy one.

Old October 15, 2016, 07:10 PM   #2
Machineguntony

More pics...

Sig had the biggest booth. Lots of toys on display and available to shoot. I shot them all. Very fun.

Here I am smoking and shooting the silenced MCX...or is it the MPX?

The Remington booth was kind of empty. I shot the R51. The rep confirmed that they had fixed the issues with the prior production R51s. It's not my thing, but if you're into modern retro guns, I can see how someone would like it.

I really liked this rifle, so I asked to take a pic of the inside. I wanted to see if it would work with a RDIAS. The guy was nervous about it but relented. I didn't understand why. So he compromised and let me take a pic but not of the trigger group. I guess I'm not buying that rifle. I forgot the brand.

Sinterfire rep said that they sold 40,000 rounds on Full Auto Friday.

The Sinterfire ammo is made of compressed copper and tin.

I wish we had more events like this in central Texas.