The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old February 15, 2014, 01:23 PM   #26
Sevens

Quote:
Had the same problem with a WWII occupation produced Hi-Power. Replaced the sear spring and the problem went away and has stayed away for the last 30+ years.

Once you eliminate someone's sear/hammer job and/or excess dirt and grime, this is your most likely problem.
Appreciate the advice.
I hope that my fix is as easy... I will look in to it at some point.

Because of how I bought it, mine may indeed be a sear/hammer job, but we'll see. When I got it, it was my local small gun shop that had it, they had two that were nearly identical. There's some guy who lives in the area that gets them and does trigger jobs on them for fun. The guys in the shop pulled both out and had me try triggers in both. The first one had no work done to it and it was predictably horrendous. This one was outrageous. For the three hundred (plus tax, grrr....), I just couldn't say no.

I never had any expectations, it was simply going to be for fun shootin' on the range.
Old February 15, 2014, 05:24 PM   #27
jrwhitt

Look at the Highpowers & Handguns BHP forum or the BHP forum on 1911forums.com

http://www.handgunsandammunition.com/hi-power-forum/

or

http://forums.1911forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15

There are some real FEG experts who hang out there - and if you have one of the true BHP clones then many more BHP guru's
Old February 15, 2014, 05:26 PM   #28
Clipper

I love Fegs but that doesn't mean I'm Feggy.