The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old September 13, 2005, 04:05 PM   #1
mec

Lepage Flintlock

Very pretty and significantly harder to hit with than my LePage percussion. it throws a good spark though and responds to some of my attempts to get rapid ignition. It likes 3fg in the priming pan rather than the popular 4f prime.

Last edited by mec; September 13, 2005 at 05:28 PM.
Old September 13, 2005, 10:20 PM   #2
m0ntels

These LePage picture posts need to stop!

I keep trying to save money and every single post makes me want to start playing with blackpowder! I already spend too much on my smokeless guns, and then I get forced to look at these.

The LePage is definetly the best looking blackpowder gun I've seen and they all seem to be great shooters. Are you guys buying these or building them yourselves?

Randy
Old September 14, 2005, 06:22 AM   #3
mec

Ready made by pedersoli and pretty expensive. Cost is impossible to pin point. Beuchamp Flintlocks ETC prices the ones they have in stock but the prices change when new orders come in due to the see-saw relationship between the dollare and the euro. Retail on this one was in the 900s but Beuchamp discounted it into the sevens. By the time I'd ordered enough stuff to shoot it, the price was back up over $900s.

Black powder things are best left to those who have more than the ordinary amount of time to fool with them and a source of hot-running tap water in an area that won't enrage the spousal unit.
Old September 27, 2005, 03:54 PM   #4
Osage

I love the Lepage but the pedersoli Harpers Ferry flintlock is still my favorite to look at. That'd be my first flint pistol.