The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old November 11, 2014, 05:38 PM   #1
twigbender

Need some help: EABCO 7mm BRM

Hello. I'm looking for advice with the 7mm Bench Rest Magnum from E. Arthur Brown. I have this in the BF pistol (12" bbl) but have no reloading data for it. I have used 7-30 Waters data, but even at the lower powder charges some of them appear a bit too hot for my sensibilities.

Here's some data on the case: length: 1.98"; base to shoulder: 1.655"; base to neck: 1.735. It is based on the 30-30 Win case.

Shooting a 140 gr. Nosler bullet with 30.5 gr Varget I get a 50 yd avg of .59" with a smallest group of .36". Changing to 34.0 gr of H414 I get another .36" group but the primers are flatter than a Nebraska cow pie. Makes me nervous.

Does anyone else have experience with this cartridge or general advise on developing loads for unpublished loading data?
Old November 11, 2014, 06:18 PM   #2
Longshot4

So you are not comfortable with your load. Why? Is it the primer? What's wrong with the primer. Why don't you like it? Where did you get your information? What should you do now? What is your source of information on loading?
Old November 13, 2014, 06:38 PM   #3
Gdawgs

I've got two of these pistols (well actually they are my dad's) one in 6.5 BRM and the other in 7mm Ultimate Silhouette. I loaded up some of the 6.5 a couple years ago, but never tested the things.

EA Brown, does have some reloading data on their website, but it's very limited.

http://www.eabco.com/reload03.html

They also have a pamphlet at the bottom of the page, but unfortunately, it does not include the 7mm BRM.