The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old May 18, 2010, 01:08 PM   #1
dcody40

Remington SPR94 Over/Under Combo Scope ?

I'm interested in obtaining a Remington SPR94 Over/Under Combo, have not had one in my hands yet.
Can a scope be installed on this baby.
I have already checked out the Savage model 24 and Several of the
H & R models.
My calibers of choice are the .410bore/22Lr.

Thanks guys.
Old May 24, 2010, 04:35 PM   #2
dcody40

All I want to know is can you put a scope on this double rifle !

I know somebody will know !

Thanks guys !
Old May 25, 2010, 03:07 PM   #3
jaguarxk120

Why don't you go to the Remington site and check there.
Old May 25, 2010, 04:50 PM   #4
ThomasT

DCody its funny you should ask. I bought one of these guns last june and never shot it till last friday. Man o Man I LIKED it. I set the sights with a laser bore sighter and never had to touch them. We were shooting turtles out to 45 yards with the 22 barrel. I didn't pattern the gun but bounching a bean can around between 20-25 yards was not a problem with the 410.

Thats the first 410 I have shot in many years. I didn't realise how much punch that little round had. I fell in love with it and am now looking to start reloading it since ammo is so friggin' expensive.

I liked the 410 so much I went pawn shopping today and got a Mossberg bolt model 283TA IIRC with a 2 round fixed mag (3 total) for a $100 OTD.

I owned this little 22/410 for nearly a year before I shot it. That was dumb. It also comes with 4 choke tubes. Remington no longer imports them. EAA I beleive use to import them. There are none on GB for sale so good luck finding one.

This gun is all steel and turkish walnut (I think) at least its not beech wood. No plastic except for the indicator that shows its cocked. I also beleive it has chrome lined bores. I have had a savage 24 in 22mag/20ga and I really like this little russian gun much better.

If you see any pictures of one the rear sight is leaning foward. I thought it looked goofy so I turned mine around. It looks 10 times better. And yes it has a short section of a scope rail but why anyone would want to scope it is a puzzle. The sight picture is very good like it is.

Last edited by ThomasT; May 25, 2010 at 05:28 PM.
Old May 25, 2010, 05:08 PM   #5
dcody40

Good tip

Now I feel well, I didn't find what I was looking for the first time and a gunshop couldn't even find it, but this time I did find the manual and it says it has 11mm slots for scope rings, I think this will work. tnx for the prod back in the right direction. I'll blame this one on a (brain fahrt lol) long hours at work.

Regards