The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old March 30, 2013, 02:04 PM   #1
rem44m

Kahr CM40 reliability?

I'm wondering if anyone is having nose dive issues with the 40, I'm hoping to find this problem is only with the 9. I sold my cm9 because of this issue.

"If gun owners are as violent as anti-gunners said we are, there wouldn't be any anti's left"
Old March 30, 2013, 05:11 PM   #2
wild cat mccane

My PM40 had nose dives.

kel tec and Kahrs are the only guns I have heard of (regularly) nose diving.

My PF-9 and PM40 both did. Close to 30 other makes haven't.
Old March 30, 2013, 07:41 PM   #3
rem44m

How was reliability? My cm9 failed to feed twice on me in 300 rounds. I got rid of it because I couldn't trust it after that and the nose dive issue. I am wondering if the 40 cal is less prone to failures. I think I could live with the nose dive issue alone.

"If gun owners are as violent as anti-gunners said we are, there wouldn't be any anti's left"
Old March 31, 2013, 11:52 AM   #4
kahrguy

I am a big time kahr fan but I will say if you had issues with the cm9 you really don't want the 40 cal. Most all feeding issues fall in to two groups. Ammo or shooter. 2 in 300 rounds?? Its one of the two. Add something to help with grip so you can hang on tighter and don't shoot any more at one time than you can control .

I will not own a cm/pm 40, too snappy for me in that sized pistol. , Now the 45 version , maybe . I carry a cm9 as my go to ever day pistol and have 1200 rounds fired in it with zero issues. All 124gr bullets from mainly one company. Never wwb or federal cheap stiuff. I have a cw9 and tp40 all have been great pistols. The cw9 came to me used from a major legal deigruntled owner thats a pistol guy shooter for 40 years. All his problems were feeding issues. Its been a great trouble free pistol for me too.

If you are planing on IWB get the cw9, other wise don't off hand blame the cm9 for not working and not trying to figure out fors going wrong.

had a great pf-9 too before the kahrs. 2000 rouns fired with no problems with it too.