The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old February 14, 2014, 06:10 PM   #1
lonestar903

Muzzle adapters/Flash Hiders/Suppressors

I've a Golani Sporter, had it for years now. Getting ready to run an SWR Specwar 762 on it and would like to also use their Trifecta RS 556 Flash hider. The FH is 1/2x28 and I've found an adapter from M13 x 1RH to 1/2x28 and if necessary a 1/2x28 jam nut .. Would there be a problem running so many muzzle devices between the suppressor and the actual barrel itself?

My other option would be to have the bbl cut to 14" and perm weld the Trifecta to bring it back to legal length. Kinda don't want to get it cut but any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

-JR
Old February 14, 2014, 08:51 PM   #2
Theohazard

Welcome to TFL!

I know AAC and Gemtech make M13x1 mounts, so Silencerco might also. For some reason their website doesn't show what thread patterns they offer for the Specwar mounts, so you might need to call them to make sure. Every time I've called them they've been very helpful.

If they don't make a M13x1 mount, using an adaptor should be fine. Just make sure it shoulders properly and you de-grease it and Rocksett it in place along with the mount itself. Try to avoid using that spacer nut if you can (you probably won't need it), but even then you should be fine as long as it's precisely machined. Just make sure you look down the bore with the suppressor attached in order to make sure it lines up properly. If you want to make double-sure, take it to a gunsmith to check it for you.

Tags
swr specwar suppressor