Old December 10, 2005, 09:52 AM   #51
FirstFreedom

to throw in some levity....

I think you're aunt had better watch her six:

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/...5&d=1114810220

Seriously, good luck.
Old December 10, 2005, 10:55 AM   #52
claude783

Pay for a security company to install an alarm system which is monitored...shouldn't cost more than $30 a month.

As for your mother, have her tuck a small cassette recorder in a pocket, or a side pocket of her purse. When she goes to the hospital, turn it on...also get a small can of mace. Doubtful you will have to use deadly force.

To bad we can't choose our family like we can choose our friends.
Old December 10, 2005, 01:12 PM   #53
Capt. Charlie
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
...so now i gots a question. when i get a RO against the aunt and her husband, thats going to make it so they cant come around my home or work, but could they turn around and have a RO put against me in retaliation?
Hard to say without intimate details Spiff, but generally, no. She would have to present her side to a judge, and the fact that you already have an RO against them would weigh heavily.

Restraining or protection orders generally work both ways. They're usually worded to prohibit them from contacting you by any means, including mail, e-mail, phone, or in person, or from going to any of the places you frequent or work. If they encounter you on "neutral ground", like the mall or on the street, the burden is on them to retreat. But by the same token, you're expected to avoid them as well. I don't think you could be charged (not sure about AK) as long as they don't have one against you, but were you to intentionally contact them, it would be poorly received by the court.

I train in earnest, to do the things that I pray in earnest, I'll never have to do.

--Capt. Charlie
Old December 11, 2005, 12:24 AM   #54
Holly76201

Spiffy,
Glad you got the cell phone and good luck with the fam!

The only sure bulwark of continuing liberty is a government strong enough to protect the interests of the people, and a people strong enough and well enough informed tomaintain its sovereigncontrol over its government.
FDR, Fireside chat, 4-14-38