The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old December 20, 2009, 11:34 PM   #1
rshackleford

Great American Gunstock Company--Buyer Be Ware

I placed an order with Great American Gunstock Company in January 2009 and as of this posting have yet to receive it.

Henry Pohl, the owner i assume, has told me a lie every time i talked to him. i have heard it is next in line every time i call. "two weeks out," he will say.

well i am sick of it and i am posting here to let people know that this man and this company cannot be trusted. i recommend doing business elsewhere.

oh, and his excuse this last time was because he had a fire. well i looked it up and the fire was in October of 2007. i think that was long enough ago to have got his act back together.

wow202
Old December 20, 2009, 11:44 PM   #2
(BH)

Wow. I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you get it all worked out soon, and I will put them on my "Don't bother" list.

Thanks.

It matters not how a man dies, but how he lives. The act of dying is not of importance, it lasts so short a time.
-Samuel Johnson
Old December 20, 2009, 11:47 PM   #3
rshackleford

even the couple hundred dollars that they charged my credit card in February isn't the biggest deal in the world.

the fact is this rifle hasn't functioned since 1965 and i am trying to get it firing again for my father. thought it would be a great Christmas gift to hand him back his old rifle. i guess it won't be this Christmas.

wow202
Old January 24, 2010, 03:16 PM   #4
rshackleford

Still waiting!

wow202
Old January 24, 2010, 03:23 PM   #5
nbkky71

Have you tried disputing the charge? You have rights under the Fair Credit Billing Act since you were charged, but merchandise was never received. At the very least, a call to the credit card company should be in order.

However, I'm not sure if there is any limitation on raising such a dispute.
Old January 24, 2010, 03:24 PM   #6
A/C Guy

I had a similar problem with an aftermarket parts supplier for dirtbikes. After a month of his excuses, I started posting on the various forums. Then I sent him an email and a fax with a copy of my posts and a list of the forums and a threat to keep bumping the threads and posting on more forums. I got a phone call from him the next day and the problem was resolved within 2 weeks. My advice is to do the same. Go to and join every gun and shooting forum and post your story. After doing it to 6 forums, email him and fax him. It will kill his business if he does not make good with you. If he does nothing, keep posting on every forum you find. BTW, copy your story in Word so you do not have to type it over and over.

Also, post his email here so we can send him an email informing him that we saw what he did and we are passing the word to not to business with him.
Old January 24, 2010, 03:43 PM   #7
Bud Helms

This should have been moved when first posted.

We have a retail deals forum.

Moving.
Old January 24, 2010, 07:33 PM   #8
Shane Tuttle
Staff

Three posts have been deleted and posters have been dealt with due to failing to read the Gun Show forum rules.

Will there be a FOURTH?

Posting and YOU: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting
Old January 25, 2010, 12:38 PM   #9
Quagaarx6x

Still dishonest at best

Yeah last january 09 sent a beautiful claro Exibition blank to be cut. After 9 months it came back with the receiver and trigger guard holes cut 1/8 off center making it a ruined piece of wood. Tried to get it resolved but was unable. I drove the 3hrs to see Henry (pathological in my opinion) he pulled the same song and dance as he did with a man who had the CZ 550 also cut off center. Know nothing do nothing Brian the office guy said they could fix it yeah with a gap all the way around the trigger guard and the upper. ARRGH
Henry has been doing this for a long time and only since the internet can people tell others to not do bussiness. If something is done wrong Henry (he does no work on the stock there are a couple guys in a roll off doing the cutting, I have video of the location and photos i will post on youtube) you will never get your money cause he does not have it. Immediately contact your CC company. Maybe if enough complaints happen the Company will get no CC use which should stop them.
Shawn,this young guy, is doing a great looking web site but it all smoke and mirrors. They are doing the revised history of GAGS (great acroynm) and paying to get the Google search to get a priority post when you search. His dad owns the local ISP where the dock their web site.
gspspinone who posted here and OTHERS on RIPOFF.Com all lost their money.