The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old November 6, 2001, 11:44 AM   #26
locolife

You gotta love that blue... I even considered getting the midnight blue Craftsman Professional toolboxes to match the press... until I found out how much $$$ they were.
Old November 6, 2001, 06:16 PM   #27
SW 586

Thanks for the responses and pictures, fellas. I've been working a little each night on getting my reloading room set back up and I've gotten some ideas from all the pictures you all have posted. Think I'm just about there and it looks like it is going to accomodate my meager amount of equipment quite nicely.
To Jeeper: went to Walmart and found the Akro bins. Picked up 24 of em. Hung them on pieces of DIN rail (that's the rails used in electrical control panels where I work) screwed to the wall studs. Works great.
I'll try to borrow a friend's camera and post some pictures. In the meantime, any more pictures some of you may be inclined to post would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old November 6, 2001, 08:10 PM   #28
Jeeper

I'll post some more pics later. I also labeled all of my bins because I couldnt see into the high ones. A normal size label fits perfect in the front of them. ACro bins are the best thing since sliced bread.
Old November 6, 2001, 08:29 PM   #29
tonyz

Its Messy, But it works.

Old November 6, 2001, 08:34 PM   #30
Jeeper

Here are some more pictures.

This is the other side of the room which houses the tumblers. You can see the old one in the back. I put the seperator on a sliding shelf too make it easier to pour in the stuff.

Here is another shot of the actual bench. I have around 60 -70 of those acro bins. They are great for everything from wrenches to brass. I have bigger ones for cleaning supplies and such.

This is the closet. I have used shelves and plastic shoed boxes for all of my brass. The brass that I use all the time is in larger ones in the last picture. The shoe boxes are the second best thing to acro bins. They are like 88 cents at walmart and can hold a lot of brass. they ae also very stackable.

This is another shot of the inside of the cabinets. I keep all my toolheads here and primers. I have 16 or so toolheads.

I would really reccomend getting some of the plasctic shoe boxes. I use them for everything. They are great for brass and other small items. You will defiantely use them.
Old November 6, 2001, 09:55 PM   #31
SW 586

You guys are killing me!
Great setups, digital cameras, AND A DALMATION DOG!
I have so far to go...
Old September 27, 2002, 10:54 PM   #32

Here is reloading central at my house. Two pictures, two posts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg reloading1small.jpg (94.0 KB, 1727 views)
From behind each fence and farmyard wall,
Chasing the redcoats down the lane,
Then crossing the fields to emerge again
Under the trees at the turn of the road,
And only pausing to fire and load.
Old September 27, 2002, 10:56 PM   #33

And the partial ammo storage facility.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg reloading2small.jpg (77.3 KB, 1511 views)
From behind each fence and farmyard wall,
Chasing the redcoats down the lane,
Then crossing the fields to emerge again
Under the trees at the turn of the road,
And only pausing to fire and load.
Old September 27, 2002, 11:32 PM   #34
Skullboy

I finally got to have a dedicated gun/loading room when we bought our new house.I tried to keep things simple and uncluttered.I reload for 8 different calibers.I use a RCBS PiggybackII progressive loader for handguns.I load mostly rifle, so the Piggyback does me just fine.I bought the white cabinet at a home improvment store for powder and primers, and the metal cabinet at an office supply place for loaded ammo.I use an Ikea wooden shelving unit to store my brass.Firearms are stored in a 21 gun Centurion 2 door safe.Everything locks, and there is a lock on the main door.I can E-mail you more pix if you wish.HTH. Skullboy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg reloading bench.jpg (104.0 KB, 1665 views)

If They Call It Tourist Season, Why Can't We Shoot Them?
Old September 28, 2002, 05:21 AM   #35
cowboy1

I will show mine

Not sure what view this is, would anyong like to show pictures of their shooting ranges also?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mvc-030f.jpg (49.7 KB, 1569 views)
Old September 28, 2002, 01:16 PM   #36
Southla1
Member In Memoriam

Guys for some reason the only picture that shows up is "nosweats". All the others are just a lil square with a red X in it.

Anyway here is a pic of mine> I just took it yesterday to test my digital camera...............my 1 1/2 year old grand daughter yesterday decided that the digital camera was just the thing to try to flush down the toilet..............needless to say it did not work after that. I took it into the shop, took it apart and blew it off with a can of that "dust off" stuff that you use on puters then took the wife's blow drier and clamped it in the vise and turned it on low on the camera..........about 3 feet away so the heat did not hurt it. Got it working as good as new, took a pic out there to test it. It ain't the best pic it was to test the cam.

that is a cook pot behind the chair............. its for boiling crabs and crawfish and shrimp on an outdoor butane (propane or whatever) burner..........yes that is a fridge, and yes guess what it is full of. Yes, that is a TV on top of the fridge............all it can catch is football, baseball, maybe a horseshow or rodeo or two and of course CHEERLEADERS ! Yea that's a remote by my "small" blue ice tea glass.

I have another workbench out of the picture You can see the bench grinder on the end of it) that I use for gun cleaning, brass tumbling, drying digital cameras etc.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg reloading bench.jpg (199.4 KB, 1564 views)
Old September 29, 2002, 01:33 PM   #37
Black wallnut

My loading setup

Follows are pictures of my reloading bench. The base which is not shown consists of two cabinets, one with two deep drawers in which I store powder and other stuff, and the other cabinet with a door behind which is two pull out shelves. Spanning these is a top 1.5" thick of melemine edged in red oak. Between the cabinets is another shallow drawer which hold primers and smaller reloading tools. The upper cabinet

provides storage for bullets, dies, loading manuals, a home made breadbox style scale platform, as well as more drawers for other hobby stuff.

Back to the work top. I use a Rick Jamison inspired changeable tool mounting plate system. Shown is my press and powder measure mounted in the bench. The two round walnut knobs are the hold down screws.

Lyman 450 sizer mopunted but removed from bench top:

And finally two pics of an "H&I die" storage box and my shell holder tray.

I would be more than happy to give more details toany who would be interested in build a similiar cabinet.
Old September 29, 2002, 09:45 PM   #38
Gewehr98

That is SWEET! A roll-top reloading bench!

Wish I were that good.

When wife and I moved into base housing, I got dibs on the family room nearest the back patio. It was a fair trade, I left her the 3 bedrooms, living room, dining room, and garage.

My reloading bench was somebody's high-school metal shop project, a solid, square tube framed table saw with heavy metal top. I added 1" plywood, routed, polyurethaned, and carriage bolted it to the steel top. It holds a Dillon 550 and Hornady 007 press, as well as my brass bins and bullet boxes. The file cabinet table to the left holds reloading dies in the lower drawer, and powder in the upper. The green file cabinet holds more brass, plus spare parts and receivers, actions, stocks, scopes, mounts, manuals, catalogues, etc. The brass fire extinguisher holds cleaning rods and spare barrels. The safe on the right is one of four.

The ammo cans hold all my reloads, one can for each caliber I reload. The radio is part of a future shortwave project that will be rackmounted with a computer server and the oscilloscope underneath it.

Neural Misfires
Old September 30, 2002, 06:43 PM   #39
HankL

Carlyle, Notice the time jump from 11-06-01 to 09-27-02 in the post where you were seeing red x's and the post where you see pictures. Dead links like ones stored on Photopoint or free webpages that have gone down are the cause of the problem.
Old September 30, 2002, 07:07 PM   #40
HankL

Might as well post one to the archive.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mymess.jpg (138.1 KB, 1270 views)
Old September 30, 2002, 07:09 PM   #41
Southla1
Member In Memoriam

Slashing myself with my knife saying stupid coonass, stupid coonass, stupid coonass.

Thanks Hank guess I should have looked at the dates LOL! I just use the lil attatch thing anyway! Hell I am lucky I figured that out!

By the way what mess? Notice I did not take a pic of mine from farther back.............too much junk to back up farther