The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old August 14, 2012, 10:50 PM   #1
Win73

Similar problem with two game cameras

I had two game cameras develop the same problem at the same time. They are both Moultries. One is a Model D-40 flash type about three years old. The other is a Model I90 IR type about a year old. The display screen on both went blank. All I could see on either was a few dots. I pulled them off the trees and brought them into the house about a week ago. The strange thing is that the screens are coming back. In fact the D-40 display is completely back. The I90 is mostly back. The display on it has two horizontal lines of text one above the other. The top line is now complete. The bottom line is complete except for two thin blank lines through the text. It is complete enough that I can make it out to program the camera. I plan to put the D-40 back out in a couple of days. I think I will wait a little longer on the I90 to see if it will come back completely.

I wonder if the heat could have caused the displays to go blank? We had several days of temperatures over 100 degrees.
(Luke 11:21 KJV) When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace:

(Luke 22:36 KJV) Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
Old August 15, 2012, 12:01 AM   #2
hogdogs
Staff In Memoriam

I would guess heat... An old GPS I had which was just a black pixel type developed horizontal lines void of the black...

It was on the dash more than not...

Brent
Old August 15, 2012, 03:34 AM   #3
FrankenMauser

Heat. ...specifically direct sun exposure, in addition to high ambient temperatures.