The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old August 4, 2001, 08:33 PM   #1
AR-10

Anaconda Disassembly

I have looked all over the net trying to find instructions to guide me in removing the firing pin and spring from a Colt Anaconda.

The firing pin is mounted in the frame, and there is a pin that you drive out to remove it. It looks to me that the pin drives out toward the side of the gun that has the cylinder latch. I can't get the pin to drive out. Is there something I am missing? Anybody know exactly how to remove this pin, or a resource I can access on-line to find out?
Old August 5, 2001, 10:53 PM   #2
James K
Member In Memoriam

Unless you absolutely have to remove the firing pin, do not do so. It is very difficult to do without battering the frame. If the firing pin is broken or defective, return the gun to Colt. If you just have to take things apart, restrain yourself and leave this one alone.

Jim
Old August 6, 2001, 06:30 PM   #3
AR-10

Thanks Jim.

I'm having light primer strikes that are either caused by dirt or an incorrect spring. The gun has been worked on in this area prior to my purchasing it, and something is still not right. Off to the gunsmith.

Again, thanks.