The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old June 15, 2007, 11:38 PM   #76
10 MickeyMouse

Quote:
I agree, maybe that's why Baer sends them out dripping in CLP. You never know how long they will sit at a distributor or dealer.
Kimber ships with loads of oil, too (at least mine have). I suspect that they were wiped at the dealer and then sat on that shelf in Indiana in the summer with ??? % humidity for a couple of months. I could be wrong, but I've never seen anything like that from Kimber.

Quote:
Not one character is aligned and they vary in size... it's obviously crooked:
Did you post the right photograph? The characters all look straight and equal in size to me. (even held a ruler up to the screen-yup, they're straight).
Old June 16, 2007, 10:16 PM   #77
former-redberet

I didn't mean to to say character. I don't know what I was thinking now. You are right, sorry about that. I think I meant phrase, line, something like that. You get my point .
Old June 17, 2007, 12:39 AM   #78
odsixer

kimber rocks

After shooting every 45 I could get my hands on(excluding the $2000+ customs) I ended up buying an eclipse 2 and it is GREAT to say the least. I have close to 1000 rounds of 230gr UMC through it without a hitch and about 200 rounds of 185gr winclean with 2 failure to feeds.
I love this gun!