The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old March 24, 2013, 12:32 PM   #1
Beentown71

More manuals or Loadbooks USA for each caliber?

I have "Modern Reloading 2nd Edition" and a Hornady manual that I have loaned out (temp for another new reloader). Anyway I found these lacking in many different types of bullets. I really don't wanna fork over so much money for each bullet manufactures manual.

I was looking at the Loadbook USA manuals that are individual for each caliber. Would those be a good route? I am loading 9mm, .223 and .308win.

Time for the Mall Ninja list:
Beretta 92fs, Springer XD9, High Standard Model HB, RRA bull bbl...aw heck with it time to go plink
Old March 24, 2013, 12:37 PM   #2
m&p45acp10+1

I have several of them, as well as 2 Lyman manuals. I like them for the quick ability to reference more than one source.
Old March 24, 2013, 12:57 PM   #3
Beentown71

That was my thoughts on it. I would be able to look at many bullet manufactures instead of just one.

Time for the Mall Ninja list:
Beretta 92fs, Springer XD9, High Standard Model HB, RRA bull bbl...aw heck with it time to go plink
Old March 24, 2013, 01:43 PM   #4
rajbcpa

I have one paper manual and consider that enough because it has case dimensions and background on the round, many powder and bullet choices, etc.

There is a bunch of information from good sources - free on the Internet. Powder makers are a great source of information for one. I try to use Alliant powders exclusively, but the powder shortage situation is putting a crimp in that.
Old March 24, 2013, 02:59 PM   #5
Beentown71

Re: More manuals or Loadbooks USA for each caliber?

The shortages are the reason I am in need of consulting more bullet info. Beggars can't be choosers...so I am buying bullets when I can and not what I normally would shoot.