The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old June 28, 2009, 06:41 PM   #26
sharpblade

I have thought about that. The rig does have some features that makes me willing to take the risk though. First off, the holster comes down over the hammer so you can't cock it when you draw it. Also it is a single action so it must be cocked. And lastly the north american mini has notches between the cartridges where the hammer rests. I have been carrying it that way 3 or 4 years without incident but am well aware things can go wrong. I guess anything mechanical can malfunction and there's always human error. You just have to decide if the risk is worth it I suppose.
Old June 28, 2009, 07:25 PM   #27
easyG

I'm of two minds on the subject....

Yeah, I guess any gun is maybe better than no gun.

But in the heat of the moment, with the adrenaline pumping and all, I'm not sure that the average shooter would be very effective with it.

Unless one is rather elderly or infirm, I can't see that it would be much better than something like brass-knuckles or a knife.
Old June 29, 2009, 09:53 AM   #28
Glenn E. Meyer

Just for a case study:

In Florida - a crook attempted to rob a restaurant with a 12 gauge. Two old geezers got up and shot him. One with a 22 Mag derringer and another with a 22 NAA - they saved the day. I got the story somewhere.

I propose that you charge Mr. Twelve gauge with a knife.
Old June 29, 2009, 11:26 AM   #29
Magnum Wheel Man

got an interesting new carry method for my NAA mini

I have a Gerber folding knife that has a nylon belt sheath, I found that my mini fits perfectly in the knife sheath, & is reasonably easy to access looking at it, it looks just like I have my Gerber in it... so I toss in a "regular" pocket knife when I have my mini in the knife sheath... I could carry it as a primary or as a back up with this set up... even carried it in a place that I was searched ( but legal to carry ) & the guy searching me just assumed it was a folding knife, & never asked... made a bigger deal out of my cell phone holster & my primary weapon holster that was empty ( primary gun was locked in my truck ), but the holster still on my belt...
Old June 29, 2009, 12:27 PM   #30
predecessor

The NAA Mini with the folding grip clip is a great carry option IMO. It is my primary carry 85% of the time during the summer. Why? 6.8 ounces loaded and is the exact same size as my cell phone. I'm not a LEO and I don't live in a high crime area. I shoot cowboy regularly so I'm comfortable shooting a SA revolver quickly if need be. Doesn't matter what I'm wearing this pistol is easy to conceal. People like to nay-say the caliber, but that's just silliness. The type of situation where I would find myself using it is up close and personal - not in some Hollywood shootout. And I can actually find .22 LR ammunition to load it with, unlike .380 right now.

Tags
naa