The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old July 13, 1999, 11:47 PM   #1
Cheapo

I'm ready to give up on using DejaNews to read and post on that great refuge of the ignorant masses, rec.guns. I hate how long it takes each page change to reload with all their new graphics and ads (56k modem, thank you), and it's rather awkward to review other posts in the thread while in the post reply window.

Now, TFL *was* different, because the post reply window appeared at the top or the bottom of the thread string. Neat. Scroll up, refresh failing memory, scroll back down (or just start typing again if your cursor is still in the post window), and you're on your way.

Until this week, that is! This click here thingy to review thread in a separate browser window sucks!

Okay, admins, I'll back off and say I for one don't like it. Please don't be torqued at me, I'm sure it seemed like a good idea at the time. This site is TOO GOOD for me to run the risk of being banned.

Sorry. Really, I'm sorry. Now can we fix this (even if in a user profile option?) little quirk and get back to the fun stuff?

I'll be good. Promise!
Old July 14, 1999, 12:41 AM   #2
Mal H
Staff

Cheapo - You've apparently missed all the hoopla on this very topic. See "Rich, up to ...". Rich has said he will change it back. In the meantime you can use your Back/Forward items to do what you want or use the added feature "Review Topic" below. Personally I like the new method because it loads faster when the thread you are responding to is long and you can still see the old thread if necessary (it usually is for me). Oh well.
Old July 14, 1999, 10:59 AM   #3
DC
Moderator Emeritus

Cheapo..

A lot of us don't like it, myself included.

Its a minor glitch that will be fixed.

------------------
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"