The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old January 21, 2014, 04:06 PM   #1
savage1r

Pearce Glock Mag Extensions

I love my glock 17, but I HATE how the magazines load that odd number of rounds that leaves leftovers in the box afterwards. I searched amazon.com to see if anything came up, and lo and behold, Pearce grips came up. Though that last round is quite a pain to load, I am VERY pleased with the results. Check it out.

VIDEO LINK
Old January 22, 2014, 08:10 AM   #2
Don P

You could always down load the magazines to make a box of ammo use come out even with no left overs, 10 rounds per magazine would work and does not cost anything extra
As you are, I once was, As I am, You will be.
Old January 22, 2014, 10:55 AM   #3
Uncle Malice

Yeah... I like the Pearce extensions... have used them in various forms over the years... but the odd number of rounds in the mag is the weirdest reason I've ever heard to use them... haha.

When I hit the range I usually shoot anywhere between 100-250 rounds, but regardless of capacity, I usually just load 10 rounds in the mag(assuming it has that kind of capacity anyways. Sometimes only 5. The reasoning for this is because it also causes you to reload more frequently, working on muscle memory for reloads.
Old January 22, 2014, 03:59 PM   #4
lee n. field

Quote:
I love my glock 17, but I HATE how the magazines load that odd number of rounds that leaves leftovers in the box afterwards. I searched amazon.com to see if anything came up, and lo and behold, Pearce grips came up. Though that last round is quite a pain to load, I am VERY pleased with the results. Check it out.
You could load 16 in a magazine instead of 17, if you're obsessed with even numbers. Except you'd have two left over in the box.

Or 15, if you want to use an even 3 rows of 5 rounds. Every 3 boxes, you'd have an extra magazine (sorta) full.
"As was the man of dust, so also are those who are of the dust, and as is the man of heaven, so also are those who are of heaven. Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the man of heaven. "
Old January 22, 2014, 06:05 PM   #5
savage1r

lol, just call it my little pet peeve. It is, of course, not the only benefit. Having 20 rounds instead of 17 is always better if you have a choice. I do agree with the downloading to 5-10 round for reloading practice, though. That is a great idea.
Old January 23, 2014, 04:24 AM   #6
AndyWest

Another fine argument for a 10-round magazine limit!

Personally, I practice with full magazines just to make sure everything feeds properly, especially if I've made any recent changes. I also sometimes practice with only 1 or 2 rounds left in the magazine for the same reason.
Old January 23, 2014, 10:23 AM   #7
joe-lumber

Glock 26

I put Pearce extentions on the mags of my Glock 26 but I only keep 10 rounds in each. I prefer the Pearce extentions rather than the Glock mags that have factory extentions. I also put Glock night sights on my 26 and shoot it as well as my 19 with Glock night sights. I Shoot the pistols with night sights better than the one that still has the rear U sight.
J