The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old December 20, 2012, 12:59 AM   #1
Ofc644

Q:Are we allowed to do this?

Are we allowed to sell ammo via this forum or is it against the rules?

I purchased the wrong ammo yesterday from Walmart and the ATF Law prevents retailers from accepting 'returns' on ammo. Now I'm stuck with $100 worth of ammo I can't use. Can anyone suggest to me what I can do -- if anything -- with this ammo.

Last edited by Ofc644; December 21, 2012 at 08:00 AM.
Old December 20, 2012, 01:05 AM   #2
JohnKSa
Staff

You can sell it here, once you satisfy the requirements to gain access to the buy/sell/trade forums on TFL.

No for sale/trade ads may be placed in other portions of TFL.
Old December 20, 2012, 01:42 AM   #3
Ofc644

Thank you.

Thank you.
Old December 20, 2012, 02:00 AM   #4
zxcvbob

You're gonna have to sell it locally -- I think it's legal to ship if you label it ORM-D but none of the common carriers will accept it. And it's illegal to ship without having it properly marked. So you might have better luck listing it in a local sale paper, like the Thrifty Nickel. I sold some ammo I didn't want that way a couple of years ago.

I'm pretty sure it's against Craigslist policy to sell ammo there, but you can check. If I'm wrong about the policy, that'll be your quickest way to sell it. Good luck.
Old December 20, 2012, 06:34 AM   #5
JohnKSa
Staff

Quote:
I think it's legal to ship if you label it ORM-D but none of the common carriers will accept it.
I have shipped ammunition via UPS with no problem at all. You just can't ship it from one of the storefronts, you have to take it to a shipping hub.

You do have to label it properly, I found a label online and printed it.

Storefront shipping locations are usually not owned by the actual shipping company nor staffed by employees of the shipping company. They usually don't know the rules and therefore reject anything out of the ordinary. If you go to a location owned and operated by employees of the shipping company there is almost never a problem with shipping anything that is legal to ship. If there is, ask for a supervisor.
Old December 21, 2012, 10:33 PM   #6
warwagon

Shipping ammo

I also have shipped ammo using both UPS, and FedX, never had a problem, the ordinance markings were even put on the boxes using a wide felt marker,( there is a portion of the UPS shipping guide that shows what it looks like).

Good luck,
warwagon
Old December 22, 2012, 12:27 AM   #7
bkn1964

Try Armslist.
Old December 22, 2012, 12:55 AM   #8
Sport45

Quote:
Now I'm stuck with $100 worth of ammo I can't use. Can anyone suggest to me what I can do -- if anything -- with this ammo.
Buy a gun it fits in.

With shipping costs, I doubt it would be worthwile to sell $100 worth of ammo to anyone that's not local.