The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old March 16, 2005, 01:53 PM   #26
ghettopettingzoo

Code:
Quote:
I don't think anything is off topic in an open forum page, If you don't like the topic the last I checked you don’t have to answer it.  

TFL isn't an open forum. It's a forum dedicated to firearms and the ownership of same. 

Quote:
If you don’t think you can answer it with a professional opinion then you don’t belong on any forum.  

Afully elitist of you, don't you think? 

Quote:
If you can’t act appropriately or professionally then again you don’t belong on any forum.  

Indeed, and it is neither approriate, nor professional to enter private property and then gripe about the rules posted by the owner of that property.

Quote:
A topic is a topic and I guess we need approval before we start topics.  

No need, just follow the rules you agreed to when you joined.

Quote:
We got another big brother, this one tells us what we can and can’t say.  

Big Brother was an invention of George Orwell referring to an out-of-control government. Rich Lucibella is neither a government, nor out-of-control.

I trust this answers your questions and clarifies matters for you.

LawDog

Yeah blalal Ok I think that we should have one because well some of the people here dont know what a fire arm is. What i mean by that is people who talk about there dogs and other things on here witch don't belong on here but you let them any way. But when i put a thread up that is more about firearms or something mine get closed and im never aloud to speek out on this. Also i have the felling that alot of you guys want to be D%@!s for no reason. So im fore have a area where we can talk about what we want.
Old March 16, 2005, 02:31 PM   #27
Rich Lucibella
Staff

GPZ-
Check your email.
Rich
Old March 16, 2005, 11:28 PM   #28
Don Gwinn
Staff Emeritus

That was. . . um. . . something.

Seriously, did anyone who's complaining about the lack of an off-topic forum visit any of the off topic forums I actually went to the trouble to link for you? What's wrong with those places?

I don't understand the idea that TFL has any obligation to be all things to all people. It's a fantastic forum for like-minded people who share an interest and one where they can gather without flaming, pictures of poop, or pictures of flaming poop. That's hard enough to find on the internet.
Old April 9, 2005, 03:33 PM   #29
SpectreBlofeld

I'm going to take the side of those that want an off-topic section.

The reason why I'd like one is because I appreciate the opinions of most people here and would like to engage them in conversations about topics other than firearms every now and then.

I could go to other boards, but I wouldn't meet the same people!

IMHO, the Iranian police women training video thread that was shut down in the Tactics and Training forum was totally about tactics and training. I winced when it got shut down (very quickly).
Old April 9, 2005, 04:32 PM   #30
Edward429451

If they get a PSII forum, I want a forum to discuss the finer points of electrical meter calibration... J/K.

See where it would go? I like it the way it is and being firearms related is the key.

But if it IS firearms related, it should stay open! I thought the thread about how many gunnies are sports nuts (very few) should have stayed open. I'm not going to whine about it but it was firearms related and showing a very interesting parrellel that should have been allowed to been pursued. IIRC, no ad hominems were present.

No biggie though. I know you all work hard at moderation and volunteer your time to do so.
Old April 9, 2005, 10:23 PM   #31
univtxattorney

No Off Topic!!!

If you want off topic banter, visit another forum... That's my $0.02...
Old April 10, 2005, 02:37 PM   #32
jefnvk

http://www.armedpolitesociety.com

Pro-gun, off topic site created by the THR gods
Old April 10, 2005, 03:26 PM   #33
USP45usp

To those who are not sure what is expected of us here on THR (or what posts are okay), see my question here http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/...d.php?t=167592 which gives a pretty clear indication on what the mods/admins look at when deciding which posts are okay, and which aren't.

I think that Mal H did a fine job of explaining.

And I still don't want an OT forum here .

Wayne