The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old April 13, 2013, 10:46 PM   #51
BlueEyeVisage

I'd be down with meeting up if you make a trip up here, I know good places to eat! :P Even though I'm usually broke and may need notice if you want to go shooting (duh, you would)

I believe they mostly make some of their profit from leasing to the gun shop on location, concealed carry classes, memberships and merchandise. They probably do have 10 lanes. Plus the gun rentals flexibility may make some money as well. They also made a turret out of 10/22's that I'm sure makes people run out of ammo quick.
Old April 14, 2013, 09:35 PM   #52
stephen426

My partner and I went to check out Nexus (a new "state of the art" range in Davie) this weekend but it wasn't open to the public yet. :-( We wanted to shoot so we went to Pembroke Gun and Range. The close at 6 pm on weekends. They say they are open late on weekdays so I don't believe it is a security concern. To me, it make absolutely no sense to close early on weekends, especially when other people were walking in and wanted to shoot. We went to Big Al's off of Hallandale Beach Blvd. They were open to 8 pm. I have no clue why people would not want to maximize hours of operations during the busiest times. While the pricing is cheaper, they are run down and they attract an unsavory crowd. The ranges are all shot up and there are bullet holes in the ceilings and stalls.

My partner will be attending a range convention in Utah in about 10 days. We will have a lot more info in a few weeks so we will have a lot more information! :-)
Old May 19, 2013, 09:09 AM   #53
fireboat

Stephen426, any news?
Old May 19, 2013, 11:17 PM   #54
Tactical Jackalope

Looking into opening a gun range in South Florida

Lol. Oh Big Al's. gotta love them. I used to go there a lot. Bought my SIG P220 and Colt Series 70 from them. It's not their fault they're bullet holes all around. Have you seen the area they're in? It's a 45 minute drive for me. Haven't gone there much anymore.