The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old January 2, 2000, 10:42 PM   #1
Vee

Does anyone have experience with these holsters. I need to locate a IWB holster with the ability to tuck in a shirt. I normally carry a Kimber Ultra Elite. Also, would like to be able to carry a Kimber Pro Carry or a Colt Light Weight Commander at times. I am 5" 8", 175 if it matters.

I can only buy one holster at this time or my wife will kill me.

Please share whatever experience you may have that will help me decide.

Vee

------------------
Old January 6, 2000, 12:44 AM   #2
Anthony

Hi Vee,

Personally, I was unable to wear IWB holsters because they just hit me wrong and began hurting after a few minutes. I called several custom makers until I happened upon Ken Null's UNS that is shaped like a rectangle with a radical rake. Extreme comfort and easily the fastest holster I own bar none. I use mine with the Colt Lightweight Commander. Mr. Null's work is second to none and he can answer all of your questions about carrying concealed where many holstermakers cannot.

If you prefer Milt Sparks stuff, the EX Executive appears to be similar, but I have no personal experience with it.

- Anthony
Old January 6, 2000, 08:21 AM   #3
David Blinder

I also carry an Ultra Elite and the Versa-Max is my favorite. I tried a Rosen ARG and couldn't stand the way it shifted around so Rosen swapped me into a USD which isn't bad but it just didn't feel optimal. Couldn't be happier with the Sparks and I especially like their Kydex clip system as it keeps everything properly in place without having to wear a gunbelt all the time. FYI: I also carry in Thunderwear at the office as exposed guns are taboo. It is very comfortable and discrete.
Old January 6, 2000, 09:14 PM   #4
Vee

Anthony,

I appreciate your suggestion for the Null holster. He was recommended to me earlier. So--I went to visit him since I live in GA. He is genuinely and interesting gentlemen. Unfortunately, he does not make a tuckalbe holster. If I decide on a "normal" IWB holster, it will be Mr. Null's.

Blunder,

Thank you for your comments. I have no experience with an IWB holster and I am trying to make a good first decision. What makes the VM2 so outstanding? What are its limitations? Do you wear any special clothing to facilitate its concealment?

I tried the thunderwear but I am not comfortable with it. The pager pal has worked for me. But it has its limitations. Like you, my work place does not allow them guns but it is a place where one may be needed.

Thanks gentlemen!

Vee

------------------
Old January 13, 2000, 09:28 AM   #5
David Blinder

I think the VM2 is comfortable because of the wings. It spreads the weight over a larger area. The kydex clips also make it easy to adjust and remove. Good luck.
Old January 13, 2000, 09:49 PM   #6
Vee

Blunder,

Thank you for your response. I have not made a decision. I am leaning towards Kydex holster by Blade Tech due to the thinness. Am I correct that the VM2 is thicker than Kydex?

Vee

------------------