The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old August 3, 2015, 12:38 PM   #26
Ricklin

Glocked Brass?

Hmmmm.....

Perhaps they did copy the Glock .40 but Glock fixed the unsupported chamber issue several years ago.
Old August 3, 2015, 01:02 PM   #27
tallball

Mine has a mediocre trigger, but has been completely reliable. I got it LNIB for $200. I neither love it nor hate it. It is "okay".
Old August 3, 2015, 10:12 PM   #28
DanTSX

I don't think you'll find adjustable sights for an SD.

They are kinda aimed at the basic carry/home defense gun market. Adjustable are usually on target / competition guns. Nobody uses an SD for competition.

They are decent. Not terrible. I'd just go ahead and get a lightly used Glock for the same money though and get a better trigger and open up options on holsters, sights, parts, and accessories by about tenfold.
Old August 4, 2015, 08:13 AM   #29
osbornk

Quote:
They are decent. Not terrible. I'd just go ahead and get a lightly used Glock for the same money though and get a better trigger and open up options on holsters, sights, parts, and accessories by about tenfold.
Where do you find lightly used Glocks for under $300? My LGS had them on sale for $289.99 which is what I paid for my SD9VE.
Old August 4, 2015, 11:42 AM   #30
Guv

I have a SW9VE and it has never given me any problems. I learned to shoot with a double action revolver, shooting it double action. The trigger is fine by me, I'd buy another in a heart beat! Why wouldn't it make a good service weapon, it hits were it's pointed and goes bang with any ammo every time you pull the trigger.