The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old December 26, 2005, 12:45 AM   #1
MostToysWins

i-Shot MODular Range Bag - Bag put to the test! The Complete Review w/ Pics

Hey gang!

Well my wife talked Santa into bringing me one of the presents I wanted the most for Christmas this year, the new i-Shot MODular range bag! I have been using an old laptop bag that served quite well but just did not hold everything I need for the range.

My wife ordered it in "Pistol" configuration directly from the i-Shot web site for $95.00 in black with gray accents.

I decided to get it ready for the range tomorrow, so I thought I would put it to the ultimate test.

Here is what I decided needed to go with me to the range.
6 handguns (Sig P226 not pictured), 5 spare mags, 4 revolver speedloaders, 2 semi-auto magazine speedloaders, 2 sets of muffs, 2 sets of shooting glasses, stapler, staples, 5 holsters, 300 rounds of 9mm, 100 rounds of .40, 150 rounds of .38sp, a brinck of .22 short, and some printed targets.

First thing I did was to pack the ammo in the removable inner bag that can be taken out and carried to the range if you dont want to take your full bag.

Then I packed up the guns in the 3 included pistol rugs and placed them in the bag on both sides of the inner "ammo" bag.

Next were the the extra mags, speedloaders, stapler and staples which fit perfectly in the compartment designed to hold extra magazines.

Then the 5 holsters went into a zippable compartment inside the bag...

Old December 26, 2005, 12:51 AM   #2
MostToysWins

Review conclusion....

I then placed my cell phone into the built in cell phone holder, and 2 sets of ear muffs and 2 sets of shooting glasses into one of the zippable compartments at either end of the bag

And here is the i-Shot MODular bag all zipped up ready to go...

I probably will RARELY take this much stuff to the range with me at one time, but I wanted to see if the bag could handle it. All the zippers closed with no straining and the bag weighed a good 45 lbs. after I loaded it up.

Needless to say I am VERY impressed with this bag and will probably never need another one!

I highly reccomend this bag to anyone looking for a range bag!

Old December 26, 2005, 12:53 AM   #3
rex

Nice bag MostToysWins! I am jealous. Santa was good to you this year. Good luck at the range tomorrow.
Old December 26, 2005, 06:41 AM   #4
stealthmode

so do range bags have to be locked when you transport in your state?

the reason i ask is where i am in california you cant transport a firearm unless its locked in a container and seperate from ammunition also. so how you are transporting could get you in trouble here.

also,
that is a nice range bag.
Old December 26, 2005, 09:18 AM   #5
MostToysWins

Quote:
so do range bags have to be locked when you transport in your state?

the reason i ask is where i am in california you cant transport a firearm unless its locked in a container and seperate from ammunition also. so how you are transporting could get you in trouble here.
No, the range bag does not have to be locked here in Texas.

I have a CHL (concealed handgun license), so I don't really have to worry about it. The law simply states the guns inside my car MUST be concealed. I simply have my carry piece on my hip and have the range bag with everything else in the trunk of my car or on my back seat when I transport.

Even if you don't have a CHL here in Texas you can still transport, no locking containers needed...here is the text from Texas law.

Quote:
ยง 46.15. NONAPPLICABILITY. (a) Sections 46.02 and
46.03 do not apply to :Text of subd. (b)(4) as added by Acts 1997, 75th Leg., ch. 1221,
(4) (person) is engaging in lawful hunting, fishing, or other
sporting activity on the immediate premises where the activity is
conducted, or is directly en route between the premises and the
actor's residence, if the weapon is a type commonly used in the
activity;

Old December 26, 2005, 09:31 AM   #6
cscoios

Nice cross-post!

I knew I read this already somewhere else this morning.

http://sigforum.com/groupee/forums/a...35/m/855106444

I do like the bag, much better than my current carry setup. Enjoy.
Old December 26, 2005, 01:07 PM   #7
Michaelm45

Gotta love a bag full o' stuff. Nice!

Now you should take up handloading...