The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old November 24, 2014, 11:01 AM   #1
riflemen

Smith and Wesson Impresses me AGAIN!!!

OK, so I have a 351pd, awesome wheel gun BTW, 7 shots of 22 mag, light, small, and shockingly a great shooter despite them characteristics...

I took it out and my wife shot it a few times this weekend, when she noticed her finger was bleeding, so she said "I must have scratched myself", she cleaned it and got a band aid, I emptied the gun and wiped the blood from the stock {not a ton of blood, but I try not to make a habit out of carrying around blood covered weapons, lol}..

I noticed a crack in the grips where they meet... Now I know the gun has never been dropped or mishandled, it only leaves the safe when my wife wants to shoot it and it is in a case in the safe, there is also not a scratch on it it looks brand new minus this tiny crack...

So we were with another couple who are friends of ours, and I said "I'll take it apart and sand it clean when I get a chance"... My buddy said "I would call Smith" and I shook it off...

Well my wife emailed them this morning with a picture of the crack and a couple paragraphs explaining what happened... Instantly we got a reply with a ticket number stating they received our email and someone would get back to us within 1-2days, 2 hours later we get an email from Steve at S&W with a "No Charge" order number apologising for the inconvenience!!!!

THAT IS CUSTOMER SERVICE, I have dealt with a lot of firearm companies and that is by far the easiest problem I ever had dealt with... I told my wife now we will buy another wheel gun after the holiday, she picked the smith 625 JM {I have a 625pc} or the model 6 pro series...

Anyway, figured I would share with the community...
heres a clip of the email...

Reference number: XXXXXXXXXXXXX Please use this ticket number in any correspondence with us.
Subject: S&W 351PD crack
Dear Customer,
We would like to thank you for your e-mail and contacting Smith & Wesson / Thompson Center.

A no-charge order has been placed for you as per your request and below is the order information.

Your order number is: XXXXXXX

Please allow at least 10 - 15 business days for delivery.

Thank You for choosing Smith & Wesson / Thompson Center products. Have a great day.
Smith & Wesson values all of its consumers and are happy to have assisted you to the best of our ability today. Please do not hesitate to contact us should you require further assistance.
Sincerely,
Steve
Old November 24, 2014, 11:06 AM   #2
Microgunner

That's outstanding.
I've also had a great experience with S&W CS. A+.
Old November 24, 2014, 06:29 PM   #3
RIDE-RED 350r

I would like to add to the good feedback for S&W...

Recently, I noticed my 460v had excessive end shake. I measured and got .009" BC gap with .005" end shake.

I am not the original purchaser of this weapon and therefore am not entitled to any warrantee service from S&W.

I emailed S&W asking what the BC gap and end shake specs should be and what the service limits specs are. I gave the measurements I had to the service rep to which he replied that my BC gap was within spec (service limit is .012") but my end shake was excessive and near spec limit of .006" (I had .005)

So he emailed me a return ticket form and stated that S&W would most likely repair my revolver at no charge to me even though I am not the original owner.

I boxed her up and sent her back to Springfield... 2 weeks later my 460v arrives back home with BC gap of .007" and end shake of <.002"!

I would like to publicly thank S&W for doing this service for me despite the fact they clearly were not required to as laid out in their warrantee policy!

This is a characteristic of a GREAT company, and this is how a great company retains a customer for life.

I am glad you also had a good experience with them Riflemen..