The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old February 27, 2013, 11:17 AM   #1
Magnum Wheel Man

I'm so... happy... today I found PRIMERS in stock

I've started making my weekly trip to the local Cabela's 1st thing, one morning a week, in search of needed primers... just got an extra $400.00 check in my pocket last night... that's a good thing, since...

... the local Cabela's just got a large shipment of CCI primers ( at the same price I paid... pre-hype ) no limits, I was able to pick up 4 boxes of small pistol, & 4 boxes of large rifle... they had most sizes, but I didn't see any magum primers, but I have enough of those...

all those early morning visits finally paid off

Last edited by Magnum Wheel Man; February 27, 2013 at 11:39 AM.
Old February 27, 2013, 11:21 AM   #2
JHLL

Good for you MWM!!! Now get to using them!!
Old February 27, 2013, 11:21 AM   #3
Texas Range Ammo

awesome !!! which cabela's

Glad to hear it,,,

which cabela's ?? or what state what location ??
Old February 27, 2013, 11:26 AM   #4
Magnum Wheel Man

Owatonna MN... ( sorry, a bit far from TX )

I've got a lot or reloading to do ( planned to do over the winter ) that I put on hold until I could get replacements for the self, for those I'd use... maybe both the MRS & I can shoot CASS this summer... I had kinda put it on hold, not wanting to shoot up an irreplaceable component...

BTW... still not out of the woods... I had an e-mail notice from Midway that they got Lee 380 dies in ( while I was at Cabela's ) & by the time I got back home, they were already sold out of them... GRRRR

Last edited by Magnum Wheel Man; February 27, 2013 at 11:41 AM.
Old February 27, 2013, 01:17 PM   #5
precision_shooter

Nice score...

I finally got my shipment of large rifle primers in today... Hoping to start doing some .308 load development in the next week or so.

Now if I could just find some more powder. The 1lb I have isn't going to last very long reloading .308...
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776
Old February 27, 2013, 06:10 PM   #6
hooligan1

Just last friday I bought 1000 CCI 200 primers and 1000 CCI 400's, then on saturday I went to my LGS andpicked up a pound of IMR 4831, went Bass Pro and picked up a box of .284 Accubonds 140 grain.

Hell maybe stuff is looking up since all the hoarders already stocked up, and some gougers and the like have claimed all they want to push, all us real handloaders can get on with our passion.
Old February 27, 2013, 08:04 PM   #7
603Country

I was in Houston today (used to live there) and had to kill a couple of hours, so I visited the various reloading shops where I used to buy all my stuff. The first one was a small shop, and they were out of primers still, but had a lot of brass (no 223) and a lot of bullets (but not much in .224). Then, off to the big store on Treshwig. They had quite a lot of gunpowder, but not the H335 I was looking for. They had lots of 4350 and 4064 and assorted others. I picked up some 6.5 bullets (Nosler) and some 40 gr Sierra. The .224 bullets were mostly sold out, though they had plenty of bullets for the 22 Hornet. I didn't ask about primers.

Both stores were out of most all of the basic reloading tools and presses and reloading dies.

Just as I was leaving that little store, one of the women working there was fiddling with her computer and let out a loud scream. She had just gotten a shipment report on reloading supplies and they had a large batch of stuff on the way.
Old February 27, 2013, 08:08 PM   #8
BigTex308

I was able to score 3k small pistol primers from Cabelas (online) last week. Got them in yesterday!

Ike