The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old January 7, 2010, 03:10 PM   #1
payden

Need help with this

A friend of mine was brave enough to let me try my hand at armature gunsmithing on a non-working shotgun of his. The problem his neither one us can figure out who the maker of the gun is so I can try to find inter-changeable parts. It's old Spanish import .410 with an internal three shot magazine. There are multiple different stampings on the barrel including "NORBERTO ARIZMENDI, SA.-EIBAR-MADE IN SPAIN" and "NCRICA". If anyone could help I would be very grateful.

P.S. I'm trying to get some pistures.
Old January 7, 2010, 06:21 PM   #2
PetahW

Noberto Arizmendi shotguns were made in 3" 410ga & had PG stocks with the plastic trigger guard extending down the front face of the pistol grip in finger grooves for gripping - reminiscent of Mossberg bolt actions.

They were produced for Globe Firearms and also sold under the model name Lark 6 - so you might want to google Numrich Arms & look under those names, also, for parts.

The name and mark often did not appeared on the guns.

Old January 8, 2010, 11:57 PM   #3
payden

Thank you.

This could make my job a lot easier. And talk about a snappy reply on what I considered a difficult question.
Old January 9, 2010, 09:16 AM   #4
SDC

I've seen a few of these, and they were sold under the "NORICA" trade-name, but have no idea where you might be able to find parts, sorry. You may end up having to find another one to strip it for parts.
Old January 11, 2010, 01:37 AM   #5
payden

Yeah finding one might not work.

You guys may be able to help me more thou. My main problem is with the extractor, and I don’t think the extractor so much as the spring on the opposite side. The extractor seems to have plenty oh tention. But again I'm an amateur.
Old January 11, 2010, 07:04 AM   #6
SDC

One of the best things you can do with any firearm if it stops working is to give it a thorough cleaning first, to see if that's the problem. In this case, I'd think that maybe there's enough crud built up either underneath the exttractor, in the spring channel that tensions it, or in the chamber, in the recess for the extractor, that it's not getting a secure grip on the empties. Blow it out first with some Gunscrubber and high-pressure air, and see if there's some hardened grease or lube stopping something from moving.
Old January 29, 2010, 07:41 PM   #7
BamBamSF

Need a little help.

I also have a Norberto Arizmandi but mine is a 9 millimeter.
I was wondering if anyone has seen one before & if so are they worth anything.
Old January 29, 2010, 07:48 PM   #8
SDC

I'm assuming you mean the 9mm Flobert/rimfire shotshell version; these are popular in parts of Europe as "garden guns", but aren't really worth much in the rest of the world because the ammo is a lot harder to find. So, it really depends on where you are.