The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old January 20, 2012, 02:14 AM   #1
Fargazer

Initial AR Setup Complete

I finally completed my initial AR setup today. Thanks to members here, I have ended up with the following (some purchased, some I already had):The whole setup fits in a single Pelican case, so I can keep everything together and swap uppers and the bipod mount as I like. My wife likes the lighter red dot configuration best (she's thinking of participating in 3-Gun), while I like the varmint configuration best. The LaRue mounts are simply awesome!

I'll take pictures and report how the setup does on the range when I get a chance - perhaps this weekend, depending on work and the weather.

I know the Geissele 3-Gun trigger is geared more toward the shorter than the longer upper, but over time I'll put together a dedicated lower receiver for the RRA upper. The new one will have a Geissele Super Dynamic Enhanced trigger and a MagPul PRS stock.

Other than that, all I need now is a second scope, so both the varmint upper and my Remington 660 .308 (the original home of the Sightron) can be used. I haven't decided yet what I'll get, nor do I know yet which scope will go on which firearm, but I'm in no rush. Time to enjoy what I've got
Old January 20, 2012, 08:32 PM   #2
Achilles11B

Pics!