The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old January 23, 2013, 03:28 PM   #1
Gunnutfn49

Lyman spartan question

Inherited the above single stage press. Unfortunately the set screw on the piston meant to lock the shell holder in place is missing. anyone have one and/or know what the threading is on that screw?

Hoping to avoid buying 15-16 different sizes at the hardware store. Thanks in advance!

Gunnutfn49

...What he meant to add was, "unless, of course, all responsible citizens are armed to the teeth."
Old January 23, 2013, 05:15 PM   #2
LE-28

If I had to make an educated guess I would say it was a 6-32 but honestly I just don't remember what mine took. It may have been an 8x32.
Old January 23, 2013, 06:03 PM   #3
Gunnutfn49

that narrows down my search. thank you!

...What he meant to add was, "unless, of course, all responsible citizens are armed to the teeth."
Old January 24, 2013, 12:39 AM   #4
Marco Califo

Call Lyman. They will send you one, maybe free, or tell you what it is.
Old January 24, 2013, 10:49 PM   #5
Gunnutfn49

That would been the obvious thing.

Old January 25, 2013, 07:22 PM   #6
Gunnutfn49

Contacted lyman, waiting for a response. Thanks again for reminding me of the obvious

Old March 24, 2013, 04:16 PM   #7
Gunnutfn49

FINALLY

FINISHED.

Found the right size screw (10/32) and did a lot of painting and detail work.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo 1a.JPG (207.6 KB, 18 views)