The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old May 27, 2013, 12:52 AM   #1
Pops1085

Lost my scope turret caps...

I have a Vortex Strikefire red dot. And as foolish as it sounds, I lost my turret caps. I guess I just set them on the table, sighted it in and moved on to the next rifle. Anyways does anybody know where I could get replacements for them?
Old May 27, 2013, 01:54 AM   #2
mxsailor803

Have you tried getting ahold of Vortex? They might just send you a free set.
Old May 27, 2013, 11:06 AM   #3
Pops1085

Yea I left them a message asking them to give me a call about a week ago. Nothing yet so I figured I'd just start searching on my own.
Old May 27, 2013, 05:03 PM   #4
jmr40

Most all manufacturers will give, or sell replacements at a reasonable cost. This isn't that uncommon. I've had the damaged caps, or bought used rifles without them in the past. Never dealt with Vortex, but have never paid for replacemnets in the past from others. It is a long holiday weekend. Don't get too impatient. I'm betting you'll hear back fromthem later this week
Old May 27, 2013, 09:55 PM   #5
LeddSlinger

I know Nikon and Burris will send you them for free. Don't even have to pay shipping. I'm not very good at keeping track of those darn things either so I know that from experience.

I have not had to call Vortex for any of their products I own so far, but from what I hear, their customer service is second to none. So I'd recommend giving them a call again during business hours and try to talk to someone. I'm sure they'd be happy to send you new caps.
Old May 28, 2013, 10:35 AM   #6
Pops1085

Just an update, I left my phone number in my email on Wednesday and they called me at 9:30 the morning they got back into the office. They were extremely curteous and are sending me or two caps free of charge! Now that's customer service! I will certainly be doing buisness with them in the future. Thanks for the advice by the way.