The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old March 11, 2008, 11:05 AM   #1
Thud

Bushnell scopes

I'd like to know the difference between models (Banner, Trophy, Elite, Legend) and quality of the different series. Which one is a best-buy for the money? Cheers, THUD.-
Old March 11, 2008, 01:51 PM   #2
Kreyzhorse

I've got a Banner variable and its a very nice scope. Pulls in a lot of light and is outstanding in low light conditions. Very clear scope and I've had zero issues with it. I am actually planning on buying a 3x9 Banner to put on a back up .308.

I will say it isn't as clear as my Nikon Monarch, but for the difference in price, it's a hell of a scope and perfect for hunting.
Old March 11, 2008, 02:05 PM   #3
ojibweindian

Elite 3200 or 4200 are pretty darn good scopes. I have a 3200 mounted on my 7mm RM. Rugged, clear, and Rain Guard works.

The Legend is good, too; one's on my dedicated small game and pest killer.

I had a Banner. Hated it; the erector went belly up fairly quickly when it was mounted on a 30-06. It's now a toy for my 4 year old grandson.

No experience with the Trophy.
Old March 11, 2008, 09:03 PM   #4
5whiskey

I have a 3200 and love it. You get a whole lot of scope for your money with Bushnell. I think the elites are just as good as a leaupold for around 2/3rds of the price.
Old March 11, 2008, 09:36 PM   #5
mikejonestkd

IMO...The elites, particularly the 4200 series are very nice scopes at a reasonable price, I would put them in the same class as leupold VX-II, burris signature, nikon monarch and zeiss conquest sopes. ( give or take a little ) I think I own 6 4200 series scopes and 3 3200 series scopes. none have ever given me any problems or ever failed to perform as intended.

I have several banners on .22 plinkers and they have held up just fine for many years. They are decent for plinkers and casual shooters and are good values for the money.
Old March 12, 2008, 10:42 AM   #6
Crosshair

Their Trophy Red dots are top notch. I have two of them. I plan on putting one to a very demanding test in the near future. On top of a 500 S&W Encore Rifle.
Old March 14, 2008, 10:50 AM   #7
ilv2hunt

The only one here that I have had any experience with is the Elite 4200 with rainguard. I used to be strictly a "Leupold" guy but since aquiring my first 4200 I have since swapped out every Leupold I had for a 4200. You will find them either with Bausch & Laumb(earlier) or Bushnell as the maker but they are the same thing and I own both. I have them mounted on everything from a .22 all the way up to my 300 Win mag. All have been used in every day hunting situations and have performed flawlessly. If you have ever had any trouble with "fogging", your worries are over if you buy a 4200 with rainguard.
Old March 14, 2008, 02:07 PM   #8
UniversalFrost

i have 3 of the 3200's and 2 4200's and they have all proven flawless and the rainguard really works to keep away the fogging ang wettness from light misting rain. I really don't notice a difference between the 3200's and the VX-II's and the 4200's have better low light transmission than the vx-iii's I own.

of course you could get yourself a S&B or zeiss, but they are a lot higher. Of course the next lower mid price scope compareable to the 4200 or 3200 is the nikon monarch UCC line of scopes. SWFA.com has a really good deal on them.

JOE

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati" (when all else fails play dead) -Red Green