The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old December 8, 2012, 04:29 PM   #1
GunDawg

Advice on laser sight for AR

Looking for some advice on a laser sight for a new AR build i just completed. Looking for a decent rail mount laser, there are so many out there, its hard sifting through all the garbage. Looking to keep it under 100 if i can. Green or red? Any opinions would certainly help out. Thanks in advance guys.
Old December 9, 2012, 11:29 PM   #2
jackpine

save your money if you only have $100 spare
Old December 10, 2012, 07:53 PM   #3
Catfish

I have several N Star lazers and other than being alittle had to sight in I have never had a problem with any of them. If you going to use it with nite vision get a red lazer, the greens are way to bright. If your not and are going to use it in day lite get a green lazer. They do make a lazer that you can change from red to green and both red and green seem to shoot to the same point of aim with the 2 I have. They use a 123 battery and have pretty good battery life and they are under $ 100.
Old December 19, 2012, 10:59 AM   #4
ClydeFrog

models....

For a after market laser aimer/white light/grip I'd check SIG Sauer Surefire or maybe Crimsontrace.
A bright green laser is far better than a red but note; they suck up power faster & wear out quicker.
Clyde