The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old April 17, 2013, 04:40 PM   #51
HarrySchell

Quote:
Seward is incorrect. This is a misinformation campaign being coordinated by Cuomo's office.
The question thus has to be...what WON'T these people do to disarm citizens?
Old April 17, 2013, 05:17 PM   #52
308Gunner

Quote:
Seward is incorrect. This is a misinformation campaign being coordinated by Cuomo's office. There were no unregistered handguns in the house. you know from living in this state that if there were unregistered handguns in the house, the father would have been arrested and not just had his license suspended. also the child did not have a history of mental problems.
I assure you, the whole thing smacks of BS to me, and it's not as though NY is being known for keeping its facts straight these days. But the point I was driving at is that they're going to use this 'mental illness' angle to invade homes and harass gun owners, whether they are personally the ones with the problem or not. I don't care if they showed up to the house and found a Howitzer out back, the reason they came, whether it's a smoke-screen or not, is ridiculous. In a time in our country when children are being suspended for pretend-shooting a pretend-gun, or throwing a pretend-grenade, the school can mean anything by 'aggressive behavior,' and it wouldn't surprise me at all that the kid has no medically-founded issues. They're going to start using this mental illness thing for all it's worth though.

— George Mason

Tags
confiscation , new york , psychotropic , safe law