The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old November 22, 2000, 07:14 PM   #1
Monkeyleg

After waiting a few days to see how the installation of the new TFL software went, I find that I'm having problems I can't figure out. Previously I'd used Internet Explorer 4.5 for TFL, since the pages loaded faster. Now, I only get a few posts at best, and the topics that do display are displayed horizontally so that I have to scroll sideways across the screen to see them. But most topics don't even show up. I've tried dumping the cookies from my preferences,
emptying the cache, refreshing the page--everything I can think of.

With Netscape, the forum pages look normal but take forever to load (always did with that browser). But if I click on some topics there's no response. Yet other topics load just fine. If I hit reload some of the topics that wouldn't load previously now will.

Any ideas? BTW, I'm using a Mac (if I weren't, I'd be the sort of person who could figure this out myself ).

Dick
Want to send a message to Bush? Sign the petition at http://www.petitiononline.com/monk/petition.html and forward the link to every gun owner you know.
Old November 22, 2000, 07:58 PM   #2
George Hill
Staff Alumnus

Moving to Suggestions.
Old November 22, 2000, 08:41 PM   #3
Caeca Invidia Es
Staff Alumnus

Monkeyleg, please send me an email with as much relevent information concerning this problem as you can possibly come up with. I don't know a whole lot about mac's, but I am trying to keep track of all these issues, and will offer whatever help I can.
Old November 22, 2000, 09:23 PM   #4
TheBluesMan
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Dick,

From one Mac-Man to another...

I had the same problem with the horizontal display of certain threads when the software first changed over. I have recently upgraded to IE 5.0 which is now available for the Mac. Since then, I have only noticed one or two instances of the extreme horizontal display.

I'll watch for another one as I am online tonight, and I'll see if I can't figure it out. If you find a thread that is a problem for you, post a link here and we'll work out the problem. It will help me to know which specific threads cause this viewing problem.

Between You, Me and Caeca Invidia Es, we ought to have enough brain power to figger this out, eh?