The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old December 25, 2012, 01:59 PM   #1
oldone

Grips?

I know that there are some experts that can help me. ( I hope)

I have a Llama Mini Max in .45 and I need to change the grips. Pachmayr would be nice or rap around Hogue. But they don't list for the Llama.
If someone can help let me know.
Thanks.
Old December 25, 2012, 04:39 PM   #2
warningshot

Expert? Did some call?

Look to Mexico for after market LLajma, (silent 'j' for you non Llama shooters) parts and related do-dads. Guns are illeagal in Mexico, ya ya, but that's where you will find most of the worlds aftermarket products that fit Llama pistols.
Old December 25, 2012, 10:32 PM   #3
bt380

Try to find an existing gun with said grips and see how they support your grip. Some grips result in the pad of the trigger finger ending up in a poor position. That may result in pulling or pushing the aim. Especially in rapid fire. The problem is more pronounced on a short barrel. To the point that you will miss or score very low. If you can't find one to try out, ask the grip customer support to provide a similar weapon grip so you can see how that might place your grip before you buy and find out it effects your aim. They might be able to supply you with a diameter so you can try a guess-ta-mate approach for sizing. If you are in a gun club, you may be able to find some one there.
Old December 26, 2012, 06:37 PM   #4
oldone

I have the gun. I don't like the grips that are on the gun now. I need fatter grips to fit my large hands.
I though someone new a site (company) that sold them. I really don't need advice on grips I just a place that will have them.
Old December 26, 2012, 06:59 PM   #5
FALPhil

I don't know of anyone making aftermarket grips for Llamas. You might want to try a Hogue Hand All until you find some you like. It is cheap and effective.
Old January 1, 2013, 06:32 PM   #6
jglsprings

Quote:
oldone

I know that there are some experts that can help me. ( I hope)...
Quote:
bt380

Try to find an existing gun with said grips and see how they support your grip. Some grips result in the pad of the trigger finger ending up in a poor position. That may result in pulling or pushing the aim. Especially in rapid fire. The problem is more pronounced on a short barrel. To the point that you will miss or score very low. If you can't find one to try out, ask the grip customer support to provide a similar weapon grip so you can see how that might place your grip before you buy and find out it effects your aim. They might be able to supply you with a diameter so you can try a guess-ta-mate approach for sizing. If you are in a gun club, you may be able to find some one there.
Quote:
oldone

I have the gun. I don't like the grips that are on the gun now. I need fatter grips to fit my large hands.
I though someone new a site (company) that sold them. I really don't need advice on grips I just a place that will have them.
Now, now - You did ask for an expert. You didn't expect an expert to listen to your question did you? LOL!

I unfortunately am not an expert and don't know where you can get grips for your Llajma.

But I did google up these...

http://www.tombstonegrips.com/mm5/me...ory_Code=Llama

.. and more info...

http://www.tombstonegrips.com/mm5/me...ory_Code=Llama

... I did use the search function on the Tombstone site and he does a number of variations for the Mini-Max.

And this search (for images) takes you in a lot of different directions...

https://www.google.com/search?q=llam...w=1920&bih=892

What I don't get is the number of "punnisher" grips... go figure!

Hope this helps...

Commas save lives...

Last edited by jglsprings; January 1, 2013 at 07:17 PM.
Old January 2, 2013, 01:53 PM   #7
Redhawk5.5+P+

I know Hogues cost a whole $14, that just might break your bank to experiment.

Just buy a pair of 1911s or similar, and gauge it from there.
Old January 3, 2013, 03:00 AM   #8
Redhawk5.5+P+

Or, maybe a pierce grip extension might help. I've seen one on the model.

TBS, also, Hogue makes a universal over grip sock.
Old January 6, 2013, 10:57 PM   #9
Hdonly

Oldone, I have made a few grips for 1911's for friends. Never tried a Llama but willing to try if you want. Here a some 1911 grips I have made in the past.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EntranceBox 001.jpg (210.9 KB, 19 views)
Old January 8, 2013, 03:06 AM   #10
Redhawk5.5+P+

Hdonly

Quote:
oldone

Last Activity: December 26, 2012 03:49 PM
He's MIA