The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old February 21, 2011, 08:26 PM   #1
bshefa

Foxpro

I am looking into getting a electronic coyote call. Some are VERY expensive and some are cheap. I was looking at the Foxpro line in the $400 range. Any of y'all have any experience with these calls? Are they worth the money?

Thanks
Old February 21, 2011, 08:35 PM   #2
SamC

I've got a FoxPro CS-24. IMHO, it's is the best ecaller available. FoxPro is the gold standard for customer service. Buy one, you won't be sorry.
Old February 21, 2011, 09:33 PM   #3
GeauxTide

I bought one last year and am mightily impressed. I'm too lazy to go down to the basement and get the model number, but I think it's an XP ($300). The crow calls bring them in from far and wide. Get the rechargable battery pack.

It is an FX-3.

Last edited by GeauxTide; February 23, 2011 at 12:39 PM. Reason: I went downstairs
Old February 21, 2011, 10:11 PM   #4
Art Eatman
Staff in Memoriam

I went real high-tech electronic way back, using a WalMart small-sized boom-box with Burnham Brothers cassette tapes. May $25?

I figure any small boom box with detachable speakers will work as good as any fancy rig, this side of a wireless transmitter type. Just use one speaker, setting it out fifty feet or so from where you sit--including staying in the truck.
Old February 22, 2011, 09:21 PM   #5
OKhunter

Hello, I have a foxpro spitfire, not exactly in your price range (it was only $200). But it is a very good call with a wireless remote good to about 50 or 60 yards. I have called in quite a few coyotes and a lot of crows with it. I have had only one problem with some chip in the remote which was fixed free of charge except shipping to them.