The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old January 19, 2006, 06:07 PM   #1
Barr

Lee Progressive Loader

I recently purchased my first metallic cartridge reloader (I have two Mec 600 shotgun loaders) and wondered if anyone else used one and what they thought of it. Once it was set up I really like the Lee Load Pro 1000. The case feed still has me growling at it. I finally just took it off.
Old January 20, 2006, 12:32 AM   #2
Toney

I,ve read that there well worth what they cost. I been happy with all the lee stuff except the little c press
Old January 20, 2006, 04:19 AM   #3
BILLY D.

Mine Works Fine Also. Got Beaucoup Rounds Through It With No Hiccups.

HANDLOADS ARE LIKE UNDERWEAR.....BE CAREFUL WHO YOU SWAP WITH.

HAPPY TRAILS, BILL

NRA LIFE MEMBER-1965

THE THREAD KILLER
Old January 20, 2006, 04:50 PM   #4
rwilson452

case feeder

I have the Lee LoadMaster. I had trouble with the case feeder at first. On the loadMaster there is a long square rod that a slider rides on that operates the case slider via a "Z" bar. putting a little STP on that rod fix my problems. on the loadmaster that rod sticks out at a 45 degree angle from the press. Sorry but I just don't recall how it works on the pro 1000. do not put stp on the place where the case rides. I pesume you have double checked your indexing.
Old January 20, 2006, 04:50 PM   #5
rwilson452

case feeder

I have the Lee LoadMaster. I had trouble with the case feeder at first. On the loadMaster there is a long square rod that a slider rides on that operates the case slider via a "Z" bar. putting a little STP on that rod fix my problems. on the loadmaster that rod sticks out at a 45 degree angle from the press. Sorry but I just don't recall how it works on the pro 1000. do not put stp on the place where the case rides. I pesume you have double checked your indexing.
Old January 22, 2006, 11:12 PM   #6
22bore

I have a Pro 1000 and the only trouble I even had with my case feeder was fixed by polishing the metal bar the cases slide on with steel wool. It tends to get some nicks and dings in it as the cases take a full drop down the tube. There are also two holes for the Z bar to be inserted in the black plastic part. Try both. Adjust the height of the case feeder to just above (1/32") the case.
Old January 23, 2006, 08:52 PM   #7
farmall

No serious difficulties here, either. Keep it lubed where needed, don't overdo it. Clean primer feed and dust with powdered graphite (really helps!). Never ham-hand it, broken pieces will result. The only time mine gives trouble is when I cause it to.
Really shocked to see that we're something like five posts into this, and no Lee-bashing yet Usually the blue boys would have Lee beat all to hell by now!
Old January 29, 2006, 08:01 PM   #8
RERICK

I did a thread on this subject awhile back you can use the link below to see what others have said.And I didn't buy the Lee I ended up with a T-7 Redding.Frankly while I like there dies and trim tools there progressive presses scared me a little.I'm not saying there bad they just weren't for me.

http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192653