The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old December 31, 2014, 11:19 AM   #26
cryogenic419

I've had a lot of positive experience with the RRA 2 stage trigger. Its a solid dependable match capable trigger at a reasonable price. Mine (the 4.5-5 lb version) came on my RRA NM rifle, shot plenty of matches with it, not a single issue with performance, ignition, premature wear, etc. Since upgraded to a Geissele in my match rifle, took that trigger and put it in my 6920, bought another RRA 2 stage for my M&P-15, couldn't be happier.
Old December 31, 2014, 02:37 PM   #27
SVTCobra306

I hunt with an ArmaLite 2 stage NM trigger, I am very happy with it. I also have a pair of rifles with ArmaLite 2 stage Tactical triggers in them.. they both came that way from ArmaLite. It's nice too, especially once you adjust it down, it is the same physical trigger as the NM, without the stonework, but it comes with the spring on a different notch. Takes 5 minutes to change, including removing the trigger group from the lower. My wife's AR has a RRA NM 2 stage, it's a lot like Armalite's tactical 2 stage in feel, but the ArmaLite is built like a tank in comparison, and unlike the RRA unit, the ArmaLite 2 stage triggers are user adjustable. I have an ALG in my PSA "beater" rifle.. it is what it is, and it is a great improvement over the factory mil spec trigger, much smoother and more consistent, and it is a great bang for the buck, but in my opinion it doesn't truly compete with the nicer triggers out there.

Asking what is the best trigger is like asking what is your favorite vehicle.. everybody is going to have a different answer.
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Old January 1, 2015, 07:39 AM   #28
tcoz

ALG ACT trigger. The best $65 performance upgrade you can invest in. Anyone with a stock mil-spec trigger who shoots mine goes out and buys one.