The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old September 8, 2014, 11:32 PM   #1
Rmagnum1183

Raging Judge Magnum(ruger) ?

So I always here in loading data. " DO NOT shoot this in any gun that's not rated for Ruger only" very hot load!! ect ect.. so would this gun be considered a gun where you can Fire Ruger/Tc only loads?

http://www.taurususa.com/product-det...adcrumbseries=
Old September 8, 2014, 11:46 PM   #2
hbhobby

Isnt the raging judge magnum designed for the .454 casul? I would think if it can handle the .454 it could handle any .45 Long colt you could stuff in it.
Old September 10, 2014, 07:11 AM   #3
TMD

Taurus revolvers are known to not hold up to a steady diet of max loads. In some reloading manuals they list Ruger/Contender loads only these usually exceed SAAMI max so shoot at your own risk.
Old September 10, 2014, 07:29 AM   #4
Magnum Wheel Man

IT'S A 454 Cassul...

yes you can shoot "Ruger only" 45 Colt loads in your gun... so long as the pressure is lower than normal 454 Casull pressures... ( which are insanely high )

I'm not a Taurus hater, I have a TCP on my belt right now, & 2 revolvers at home I used as bases for custom guns...

but I honestly don't understand the use of the Magnum Judge, other than to use up parts... ( a regular Judge, used as a short handy .410, could be a great skunk gun for the truck ) but a 454 Casull with the huge bullet jump, at those insanely high pressures, just doesn't seem like it would be what I could find any use for, & same would go for hotter than SAAMI spec 45 Colt loads...

if the OP doesn't mind, what do you plan to use the gun for??? ( if you tell me just for fun, I'm totally fine with that ) but if it's for anything that is going to involve saving your bacon from danger ( 2 or 4 legged variety ) I just don't see it as money well spent...
Old September 10, 2014, 04:12 PM   #5
Rmagnum1183

you tell me.. this was 335 grain double tap 454 casull got same results at 40 yards.. will try 75 this week i will take pictures

http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=549788