The Firing Line Forums
Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > S.W.A.T. Magazine

Old July 15, 2007, 07:42 AM   #1
Fly320s

Claire Wolfe leaving?

Say it aint so, SWAT. "Enemy at the Gate" is my favorite column, and I don't think anyone can replace Claire Wolfe. Sure, I enjoy the majority of the magazine, even some of the high-speed, low-drag cop stuff, but Claire's column is the first one I read.

Frankly, I don't like the fact that the US has become an "Us vs Them" mentality. We, the people, should have all the rights and priveleges that the government branches exercise for themselves. Luckily for us, Claire Wolfe has been doing a fine job of spreading the Gospel of Liberty through her various writing venues, hopefully making people wake-up to the fact that individual liberty is dying.

I'm sad to see Claire leave SWAT. Bring her back, if you can.
Old July 15, 2007, 03:51 PM   #2
Rich Lucibella
Staff

Fly-
The appearance of Enemy at the Gate was one of my first changes at SWAT. Claire was asked to write that column on Day 1. She turned me down and recommended Richard Stevens who did a fantastic job for the first few years. When he left, due to a career change, Claire agreed to write the column for 1 year. We managed to keep her for 3 and I think everyone benefited from the relationship; our readers most of all.

Claire has agreed to write as a guest contributor and her personal relationship with Denny and me has never been better. Unfortunately, she is not an indentured servant. Stewart Rhodes, handpicked by Claire as was Richard Stevens, will carry on the tradition. He has large shoes to fill and we have nothing but confidence.
Rich Lucibella
Rich Lucibella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16, 2007, 11:22 AM   #3
Fly320s

Thanks, Rich.

I always enjoy an alternative point of view. Especially one I agree with.
Old July 19, 2007, 07:37 PM   #4
czf

I'll not miss her. BTW, the Jim Zumbo article was excellent! Hopefully with CZ-USA advertising in your magazine. You will be more inclined to review some of the hot sellers (this summer) like the P-01 and SP-01?? Test guns are only a phone call away.

I'm sure that I'm not the only CZ owner who would like to read what your Staff thinks about the
new breed of CZ pistols.
http://cz-gunstuffs.webs.com/
czf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1, 2007, 11:53 AM   #5
Covert Mission

post moved to other Claire thread by CM

Last edited by Covert Mission; August 1, 2007 at 03:17 PM.
Covert Mission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2, 2007, 03:34 PM   #6
Rich Lucibella
Staff

czf-
I believe Denny has some CZ articles in for editing; and, no, it has nothing to do with advertising. The company makes great stuff in a lot of areas. Like every firearms company they also have models that cause one to ask, "why"?

The CZ 527 rifle is just such an animal. The safety is backwards; it's wrong; it's a world-class, bad get-you-killed design. I recently took one in for a project you'll be reading about in future. I put 900 rounds thru it in 3 days without a single hiccup. The action is great; the trigger outstanding; the accuracy superb. But I never once engaged the Get-Killed-Switch safety. I couldn't imagine using the feature in the field, which relegates this awesome rifle to chamber empty carry.
Rich
Rich Lucibella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7, 2007, 06:26 PM   #7
czf

Rich, I only own CZ rifles and have never owned or carried any other brand, so the safety is a non-issue for me. My experience with the 527s and other CZ
products mirror that of your 527 testing.
http://cz-gunstuffs.webs.com/
czf is offline   Reply With Quote