The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old February 10, 2008, 10:46 PM   #1
Shadi Khalil

Gun Instructor In VA

Hello all,

Today I went to the range for the second day and a row and I came to a conclusion, I need help. I have been shooting off and on now for about 5 years. I started out with all the wrong guns, .357 snubs and short barrel 9's. I think because of that, the lack of any real formal training and the on again off again nauture of my shooting has caused me to devolop alot of bad habits. Well now I want to really take my shooting seriously, more than just knowing I can hit targets at self defense ranges and being able to draw and fire. I want to consistant. I'm like a monkey, you show, I do, A very easy student. I think I just need to be called out on my mistakes and shown what I can do to correct it.

I had a pretty decent size collection there for a while but due to a livinig situation a while back I had to get rid of all but my 342. Recently I picked up a 239 and want to foucus all my efforts and shooting time on this gun. I feel comfortable with it and also think that its size is just right, not to big and not to small. I'm not terrible with it by any means but I know I can shoot it better. I recently put a XD-subcompact on layway, it was all but paid for but then decided I'd take that money and put it towards allot of ammo, range time and a class. I might be the most adult decision I have ever made in my life. So, my question, can anybody recommend someone in NoVa? I know there has got to be someone good considering the NRA is headquarted here. I'm looking for a one on one instructor who knows what he/she is doing....Can you guys recommend anyone? Can anyone give me an idea on what I should expect to pay per Hour?

Thanks and excuse my long post, Im working on that

Shadi.
Old February 10, 2008, 11:08 PM   #2
DCJS Instructor

Instructor

Shadi,

Shoot me a PM!

Tom Perroni
Owner/Lead Instructor
www.perronitactical.com
Training Director
www.goldensealenterprises.com
Lead Instructor
www.blackwaterusa.com
Old February 11, 2008, 08:10 AM   #3
Tanzer

I had a few things to say, but see how things work out with DCJS instructor first.
Old February 13, 2008, 10:10 AM   #4
Shadi Khalil

-----

Last edited by Shadi Khalil; February 13, 2008 at 05:10 PM.
Old February 13, 2008, 01:44 PM   #5
DCJS Instructor

Shadi,

Left you a voice mail at 1:50 pm

Tom Perroni
Old February 13, 2008, 03:47 PM   #6
Shadi Khalil

Hello all,

Well i spoke with tom today and Im going to a class in march. He was real professional and open to working with me despite his very busy schedule. I will be sure to let you know how everything goes in march. In the mean time, tom gave me some reading homework which I intended to get cracking on immedialty. I'll be sure to pass on all i learn.
Old February 25, 2008, 09:43 PM   #7
crebralfix

Team Ruthless hosts classes (teamruthless.com)

FPF Training (fpftraining.com) does classes in the northern Virginia area.