The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old August 27, 2006, 10:01 AM   #1
TNT

I found a Tippmann

I was browsing the internet and I found a Tippman for sale and got to see a video of one that was being fired. Now for those that don't know what it is (and I never heard of them until last night) Tippmann is it is a replica 1/2 scale M2 in .22LR belt fed and the not so good news only 17 are transferable which really sucks and the one I seen that was they wanted as much for that one as they did the original M2
Old August 27, 2006, 10:03 AM   #2
TNT

almost forgot the M2 was going for $29,950
Old August 27, 2006, 06:28 PM   #3
Bog

The only Tippmann designs I know are paintball markers. Could I have a link, please?
Old August 27, 2006, 08:17 PM   #4
TNT

I cant remember the web site but I can give you the link for the people that bought them out http://www.lakesideguns.com/whats-new.html
Old August 28, 2006, 12:46 AM   #5
Chaingunner

wait wait wait. 30 grand? for an M2... BROWNING MACHINE GUN?! I'd pay that much, for sure.

especially since I've seen M240Bs on impactguns.com going for almost 200k.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud, "General Introduction to Psychoanalysis."
Old August 28, 2006, 05:59 PM   #6
TNT

wait a minute and I could be wrong on this but I don't think unless the 240 was around in pre 86 (registered prior to that time frame) that it is legal I could be wrong but if it was not registered prior to that time frame then it is not, although it is entirely posssible since I did see a few years back a MK19 for sale sealed bids started at $400,000 the only one registered in the system. But here is the kicker getting ammo for the thing, next kicker beings that each round is a explosive devise each one will require another $200 transfer, of course if they could afford to buy it then an additional 200 bucks around including the cost of the ammo is cheap
Old August 29, 2006, 12:19 AM   #7
Chaingunner

yeah, mk19s would be expensive as hell...

the M240 is only new in the US. it's been around in it's original incarnation, the FN MAG, since the sixties.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud, "General Introduction to Psychoanalysis."
Old August 31, 2006, 08:37 PM   #8
CleverNickname

The reason the M240 is so expensive is that the number of transferrable M240's is in the low single digits. There's more MAG58's, but they're pretty rare too. M2's are less expensive because they were made for so many years before 1986 that more were NFA-registered.
Old August 31, 2006, 08:53 PM   #9
Musketeer

It was on the cover of Guns & Ammo years ago and if you walk into Tippmann's lobby in Ft. Wayne Indiana you will see a M2 as well as I believe an old water cooled tripod mounted gun. I have been there several times. Tippmann did plenty of machine work before paintball took off.