The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old December 8, 2011, 01:26 PM   #26
rickyrick

Countzero,

you are absolutely correct, I have been building my own traps to combat the skills of the raccoons.

They are very sturdy so I can weigh them down.

I have about 7 traps half of them I built myself. The store bought ones usually need some adjustments after housing a raccoon.

Just about any food item will work especially pet foods. However, I prefer to use marshmallows because they limit the chances of catching undesirable critters, namely, the skunk. The skunk is better left un-captured LOL.
Old December 8, 2011, 02:40 PM   #27
Inspector3711

I get coons over the fence in the back during the fall. They like the grapes that grow back there.

I have two Jack Russel terriers. So far the coons have always stopped by at night and the dogs haven't run into them yet when they go out there.

I've been thinking about getting the airsoft out just for fun

You'd think they would stay away just because they smell the dogs. Guess those grapes are just too tasty.