The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old March 20, 2002, 11:21 PM   #1
9teen11

Auto Glock?

HAs anyone seen the video of the glock pistols turned into automatics? Fully automatic! I was amazed at how they worked and just wanted to know if anyone knows more info on how that is even possible. I would assume that they make the hammer not lock back and teh slide cocks and fires the gun. I can send the file to you guys if you're interested.
Old March 21, 2002, 12:03 AM   #2
stmcelroy

It's a production model. Glock 18, been around quite a few years.

I don't know if they are being imported into the USA. I don't think so.

Seen the video. Great piece of work

Steve
Old March 21, 2002, 12:12 AM   #3
Glockster35

I have seem two different versions of this type of movie on the internet.

One is obviously the Glock 18, in 9mm. This weapon is imported to the USA for L.E. only (last I knew)

The other appears to be a Glock model 19 or 23 (and the guy is wearing a bandanna around his nose to hide his identity). This would be a BAD thing to get caught with! But the video was excellent!
Old March 21, 2002, 12:24 AM   #4
Zundfolge

Here's a company that makes conversion kits for Glocks

http://fss-g.com/index2.htm

there's videos and stuff there.

Would be neat to have one, but not too practical (and probably not legal for us civies)
"There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws...you create a nation of law-breakers – and then you cash in on guilt."
Ayn Rand
Old March 21, 2002, 01:30 AM   #5
dsk

Hmm. Take a Glock, turn it into a full-auto, and waste all your shots in one single burst that peppers the ceiling. Sounds about as useful as those HoMeBoY SiTeS I keep hearing about!
Old March 21, 2002, 01:52 AM   #6
Foxy

I would assume that they make the hammer not lock back

Glocks don't have hammers, do they? They're striker fired.
Old March 21, 2002, 02:14 AM   #7
melglock

I believe the full auto conversions work by having a notch in the slide push the trigger bar down at the last minute, right after the striker is cocked.

People in countries where full-auto is legal (the Philippines) can get these little conversion kits. They are very illegal in the U.S., and if you're caught with one, the ATF will send you to Federal Pound-Me-In-The-Ass Prison.

To me, it's not worth the trouble.
Old March 21, 2002, 10:38 AM   #8
SGC

The full-auto conversions for Glocks convert the firearms into a Class III weapon and, under certain conditions and in certain US States, they are fully legal. Doing it yourself is a sure way to breath filtered air for many years... We rent out a Glock 18 at Scottsdale Gun Club Machinegun Adventures . The Glock 18, even with the extended 30-rd magazine used as leverage is extremely hard to control and with a cyclic rate of over 1100 rounds per minute the fun is over almost before you know it.

-AW.
Old March 21, 2002, 08:36 PM   #9
9teen11

Thanks guys. I just thought it was interesting. Thanks again for the info.
Old March 24, 2002, 01:53 PM   #10
_YoYo_

SGC:
I am almost sure that federal laws prohibit the manufacturing of any machinegun after 1986. Excluding manufacturing for LE or Military use. If I am wrong please explain.

_YoYo_
Old March 24, 2002, 05:59 PM   #11
Badger Arms

What about Dealer Samples? If you are a Class III dealer, you can have post-86 samples for sale to LEO's, Military, and Congressmen.
Old March 24, 2002, 10:04 PM   #12
_YoYo_

aah... sounds good.. i figure SGC knows what he is talking about, i was just wondering how it was legal.. makes sense
Old March 25, 2002, 12:38 PM   #13
SGC

Hello _YoYo_,

I had the most expensive OJ of my life this weekend - poured it on the keyboard of my notebook and now I have a new computer...

You are correct about the import ban, but there are exceptions for non-civilian use (we are a Class II/III shop)
Old March 26, 2002, 04:21 PM   #14
Jason280

I work with a Class III dealer, and we have a full auto 17L. As far as legal/transferrable Glock 18's go, there are currently only three in the US legal to buy (for folks in Class III friendly states). Two of them are in GA, and I'm not sure where the other is. Asking price is around $25,000 each. If I'm not mistaken, officers in Rabun County, GA, are issued Glock 18's!!