The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old April 19, 1999, 11:15 AM   #1
elcanche

I know that Trijicon sights for Glocks are available in the above mentioned colors for the rear sights. Is there a difference and has anybody tried and/or seen the different colors. What would you all suggest as the best combination?? Thanks for the advice...
Old April 19, 1999, 11:30 AM   #2
Mike Spight

elcanche: I use green Trijicons (front and rear) on all three of my SIGs. They work well for me. But it could be useful to go with (for example) a yellow or orange front dot if you have trouble quickly discerning a green front dot from the green ones on the rear sight. IMHO, I don't think there's any such thing as a "best" combination...it's just a matter of personal preference. Recommend you try (if possible) all possible combinations and go with the one that's right for YOU.
Buena suerte...
Old April 19, 1999, 01:30 PM   #3
BlkHawk73

I have MMC tritium sights on my HK USP. The front dot is gren while the rear dots are yellow. For me, this is easier to discern which dot is which. The "best" combination is the one that works the best for you. Everyone has thier own preferences. Good Luck.
Old April 19, 1999, 08:51 PM   #4
GLV

In my experience, the yellow and orange do not have any where near the life of the green. I have seen yellow and orange fail while on the shelf. To the best of my knowledge, Trijicon (trademark) does not offer yellow or orange. GLV
Old April 19, 1999, 09:12 PM   #5
Greg Melcer

Trijicon does offer yellow, red and maybe another color for the rear sight. I have a set of the green/yellow sights on my Glock 26. The story I heard was that since the green lasts the longest and is the brightest, it's the only color they offer for the front sight.

FWIW, I like the green/yellow sights much better than the green/green sights of my G19.
Old April 20, 1999, 01:48 AM   #6
SB

In keepance with front sight focus, I recommend having a brightest color on the front (green, yellow), and the relatively less intense color in the back (orange, red). I've used just green for the longest time. They seem to work just fine. But perceptively, I feel like I don't have to focus as much to figure out which green dot is the front sight. So, IMHO, having two different colors is a definite advantage.