The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old May 24, 2002, 01:25 PM   #1
strange246

Buyer Beware!

I just thought I'd share my recent experience with a company out of Vermont called M&M Engineering, the make manuals for various guns on assembly, cleaning, maintenence etc. I won an Ebay auction for one of their manuals (CZ-52) it was being sold by the owner of the company Mike Pugliese, after the auction, he claims that if you'd like any of their other manuals, to just list them with the payment and add $5 for each title, so I email and tell him which ones I'd like (4 different titles) as well as list them on paper when i sent him the payment, it's now been a month since payment was sent, I received 2 copies of the cz-52 manual today thats it, none of the others i ordered, other than the original email he sent right after the auction, he does not respond to emails (5-6 sent in the last month), the phone number listed with ebay and in the manual i got just rings at any time of the day, no answer, and ebay has suspended his account so they can help no more. His manuals show up at alot of the shows in this area, I would urge anyone thinking of buying one, not to! Companies with this kind of shoddy service dont deserve to be in business!
Rant mode off....

https://home.comcast.net/~72demon/
Old May 24, 2002, 03:08 PM   #2
C.R.Sam

If you care to spend some time and jump through some hoops....talk to your local postmaster.

Sam
Old May 24, 2002, 03:41 PM   #3
aircarver

I have to totally agree with what you said. I bought multiple manuals from him, had the same problems you had, got the same non-responsive email reply every time when I complained. His business model stinks & he deserves to go out of business, which is too bad because some of the manuals are pretty good. He could rectify things by hiring someone to do customer service, and stick to making the manuals.
It appears he's still doing 'business' as usual, which is ignoring the customer.
Old May 24, 2002, 04:31 PM   #4
Sisco

What's his ebay seller name?
Old May 25, 2002, 12:04 AM   #5
strange246

ebay name

Mikepugli is his ebay name, but apparrently his account has been suspended, as i couldn't leave feedback on him?

https://home.comcast.net/~72demon/