The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old January 3, 2010, 05:20 PM   #376
Eagle Vision

New Guy Here

My name is Glenn. I live in the congestion of northern Virginia. I've been around firearms for many years. I used to go out on my uncles farm as a kid and shoot his firearms. My fondest memory as a child was shooting an old bolt action 30-06. I just ordered my first pistol. It will be used for home defense and practice at the range. That is a discussion for another thread. Look forward to hanging out around here and gaining some knowledge.

Last edited by Eagle Vision; January 3, 2010 at 05:36 PM. Reason: spelling
Old January 4, 2010, 07:46 PM   #377
bangbang777

NEW to TFL

Hey everyone. I am a new member and avid shooter. I can't wait to learn a lot and share what knowledge I have!
Old January 5, 2010, 10:32 AM   #378
RemSpin

New to the site. Gun owner for 35 years. Own 21 long guns and 4 pistols.
Old January 6, 2010, 05:35 PM   #379
LAF

Hello to everyone!

I'm very new to this and I posted a question about some old Winchester rifles in the C&R section, so I hope I did it correctly and that's the right forum. Thanks
Old January 6, 2010, 07:03 PM   #380
biggun_

New guy from Texas. I'm 42 and been shooting off and on since I was 5. Hopefully I won't have too many questions!
Old January 6, 2010, 08:45 PM   #381
AMSting

I'm new on here from Tennessee. I have been lurking (it that safe to say on here?) for some time. It looks like a great site with a lot of information.
Old January 8, 2010, 12:23 AM   #382
fingolfen

Hey there - been around the web and firearms for a while - new here. Live in the greater Portland, OR area - avild collector, hunter, shooter - mostly C&R. Do some AK / AR / etc. builds as well.
Old January 8, 2010, 11:05 AM   #383
ka041a

hi everyone

my name is john bradbury and i have loved guns my entire life. particularly military and cowboy firearms. i am also seriously addicted to reloading/handloading. i would almost rather reload than shoot, almost.
i would like to propose that we add another rule to the firearms safety code,which is:
5. NEVER HAND A LOADED GUN TO ANYONE, UNLESS YOU INTEND FOR THEM TO FIRE IT.
not only have i seen horror stories in the news, but also in my own life i have known someone who was shot to death by a deranged halfwit with a revolver which he had handed to the lunatic. if he had simply removed the cartridges, a horrible tragedy could have been easily prevented.
thanks for listening, john
Old January 8, 2010, 11:12 AM   #384
ShawnR

Central OH "old" newb.

I have been out fo the game for a while, but am starting to get back into things now that the kids are getting bigger. I am having a change in mentality on guns lately.

Old: Variety is the spice of life. I wanted to basically have 1 of everything. I saw something that I didn't have and I would say "I'd like to have one of those".

New: Consolidation & efficiency. I want to narrow down to ARs and Beretta 92s. 2 main calibers to worry about and an abundance of spare parts. It is also fewer models to tech the wife & kids how to use.

Of course I'll keep the hunting stuff and a few .22s.

Been lurking for a while, but I suppose I should get involved.
Old January 11, 2010, 04:52 PM   #385
budkyle

Hi everyone. Budkyle here from Delaware, soon to retire to Florida. Great site and very informative!
Old January 12, 2010, 02:47 PM   #386
nodamidis

Hi all. I am a new member here as of yesterday. I am also very new to guns and shooting. I bought my first firearm last summer--a Remington .243 rifle (Model 770). I have since acquired a Springfield Armory XDm 9mm as well. I have taken a couple of Women on Target courses on rifles and pistols, but I still have a lot to learn. This looks like a great site to ask my newb questions without looking too stupid
Old January 12, 2010, 06:05 PM   #387
dlgman

Man it's been a long time since anyone has called me Jr. My veteran father has been gone for quite a few years. The love of hunting, shooting, fishing, Scouts, & womankind were all taught to me by this great old Idaho farmer. In addition to the aforementioned He taught me respect of God and man. I vote. I pray. I shoot. What else can I say. I have had one wife six children one deceased. Now the kids are starting to supply grand kids. I literally have a hard time remembering all the firearms I've owned. The ones that I wore out and the ones that failed to function I remember best. I am having a renewed interest in all things that launch a projectile. I hope my life experiences might help some of you folks in the future. I hope to figure out this computor crap that is taking so much of my valuable "gun" time.

Last edited by dlgman; January 12, 2010 at 06:07 PM. Reason: spelling errorrs
Old January 12, 2010, 08:08 PM   #388
Aaron67Camaro

Sorry for not posting as of yet. Been following the site for a little bit now. Ive been around firearms all my life, as my dad was a licensed gun dealer once upon a time. I served 9 1/2 years in the Army (5 1/2 in the NG & AR - Field Artillery E5, 4 years active duty - Transportation Corps Officer) and spent a year (June 04 - May 05) in Iraq. I own 12 long guns and 5 handguns, with more to come as I get the money to acquire them! Great site, I check it out several times a day!
Old January 12, 2010, 11:23 PM   #389
Havamal

hello

Hello from Berkeley, CA. Lately I've been shooting 7.62x51s, 8mm Mausers, and 44s. I'm getting geared up for recurve bow hunting deer this year and may again pull a tag for deer rifle season. I've been mulling buying a semi-auto "308" (LRB or SA): Glad that "Assult Weapons Ban" had expired, but am concerned that some naive folks may get real foolish again. I wish I had bought more cases of ammo way back when they were less than 20 cents per .308 round: I'm shopping now.

I wished I could have the responsibility of a CCW permit (then I'd pack a Kimber 45 or two).

Lately, I like these movies: "Zombieland," "District 9," "Avatar IMAX," and "3 idiots."

This forum's got answers: Glad to be here.

Last edited by Havamal; January 13, 2010 at 02:09 PM.
Old January 14, 2010, 06:03 PM   #390
bigJ

Hey from bigJ

I'm a gun owner, enthusiast and veteran. Having lurked here for a while I decided to take the plunge and sign up to comment. I'm here to learn and offer my opinions where I can but the bottom line for me is to absorb knowledge.

NRA member
Editor - Handgun Hourly
Old January 14, 2010, 10:45 PM   #391
stuffaknuckle

Hello all. Im from Portland Oregon and the firing line looks like a good place for good info. Hope to get to know some of you.
Old January 16, 2010, 09:28 AM   #392
csxt5555

Hi, I've been referred here by a freind and I know this forum has helped him. I am fairly new to shooting and I'm always looking for more information. I currently own a Mossberg 590 12 gauge and an Enfield .308.
Old January 16, 2010, 01:52 PM   #393
GoFullAuto

Hello everybody. Italian, writing from Italy. I'm getting used to surfing American gun forums, as there is quite a lot to learn.

So far, this is the biggest overall - firearms forum I've found, there's lots to read from your hands-on experience and I love it.

I have 3 .44 Magnum pieces (Ruger SBH, Ruger RH, Winchester '94) for range plinking, a Browning Pro-40 which I'd like to use in modest IDPA settings, and finally an STG-58 FAL for rifle plinking.

Ciao, from Pisa!

GfA
Old January 17, 2010, 01:43 PM   #394
aarondhgraham

Hello,,,

I am Aarond H. Graham,,,
I live in Stillwater, Oklahoma,,,
I work at Oklahoma State University.

I'm a graduate of the OSU Okmulgee Saddlemaking Certification Program,,,
I make the gunbelts for the Ok State Univ Mascot, Pistol Pete.

58 years old,,,
Definite curmudgeonly tendancies,,,
Fan of fine revolvers and .22 single-shot rifles.

Once overheard myself being described as:
"Strange to the bone, but basically harmless."
Aarond is good,,, Aarond is wise,,, Always trust Aarond! (most of the time)
Old January 18, 2010, 12:44 AM   #395
SVPPB

My name is Frank, I live in New York. I'm currently in college for criminal justice and have been shooting since i could hold a gun as my dad likes to say.

Have always been an avid military history/weaponry addict, so between my dad and I, we spend way to much money on guns.

Currently have 3 remington centerfires all 30-06, a .22 ruger, an unknown firearm (possibly a mauser), a Remington Wingmaster 870, and my pride and joy...a 1903 Springfield 03A3
Old January 18, 2010, 04:40 AM   #396
bblatt11

Hello All,

I'm Benjamin Blatt, an attorney from Indiana.

Linked over here from LawDog's blog, got addicted real fast.
Old January 18, 2010, 10:10 AM   #397
CRUE CAB

New from Florida

Hey, just getting back into shooting after a few year layoff to do the hot rod thing.
Just picked me up an AR15 in .223 in a trade for a old ATV and bought a New AR15/22 from a dealer in town here.
Have two 1911s, a series 80 and a newer SA1911A1.
Still have my dearly departed dads shotty and the rifle he bought me when I was 11.
Have some AR questions that I will pose later.
Glad to be here.
Old January 19, 2010, 08:39 PM   #398
Sig_229_Elite

FNG here

Found the forum searching for info on a S&W model 66-2. Glad to be here.

I love to target shoot. My two favorite guns are a Sig 229 Elite and a Kimber Tactical Pro .45. Not a gun snob, really, i'm not, stop it! I'm not!!! Really!
Old January 19, 2010, 10:05 PM   #399
rudy270

mi

hi i am new 3 days here with some thing are good .like to shoot and reload. rifles, muzzleloaders, pistol, like shooting all like to play with guns and seen what there made of from the northern part of mi. moved to southern mi now retired more or less
Old January 20, 2010, 02:38 PM   #400
i50sx

Hello

Hi I'm new.

Tags
ar15 , cerakote , custom ar , introduction , laser engraving , new agent