The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old December 7, 2008, 07:56 PM   #1
PDBreske

My new Browning BPS

I've posted these photos in the picture thread, but wanted to share in this forum as well. (Sorry for the finger smudges on the receiver.)

This is my new Browning BPS High Capacity 12ga pump. When researching a new shotgun I had visions of a tactical rig with all the lights and lasers, but after looking at this weapon for the past few days I find I'm really enamored of its all-black appearance and clean (no side ejection port) lines. It's one of the nicest looking shotguns I've ever looked at. I don't think I'm going to add anything other than maybe a side saddle shell holder on the stock.

Old December 7, 2008, 09:09 PM   #2
Dave McC
Staff In Memoriam

Nice gun,nice pics.

Needs wear marks,though.

Please rectify.
Old December 8, 2008, 07:11 AM   #3
PDBreske

Heh. Working on it.
Old December 8, 2008, 08:24 AM   #4
Dave McC
Staff In Memoriam

Great. Keep us posted....
Old December 8, 2008, 12:36 PM   #5
BigJimP

Nice gun / and I like the photos - nice job.
Old December 10, 2008, 09:32 PM   #6
PDBreske

So today I took it to the range and put a few pellets and slugs downrange. I have to say I love this gun.

The action is smooooooth! I've never handled any shotgun quite as nice as this one. This is my first bottom eject shotgun, so it was a little weird not seeing the spent shells being thrown to my right, but I do like having the receiver sides all clean and neat.

This was also my first time shooting rifled slugs and now I'm absolutely positive I'm never going to need to buy any 3" shells. That thing kicks like a mule with slugs! I can't even imagine shooting 3" magnum or a 10ga. Yikes!

The rest of the family got a chance to fire my new toy and after getting over the shock of the slug rounds my father commented on the smooth action as well.

So, there you have it: It looks good and fires good. 'Nuff said.
Old December 10, 2008, 10:04 PM   #7
RamSlammer

Nice BPS. My favorite pump guns by far. I have the 3.5" field version and can attest that a hot 3 or 3.5" waterfowl load is as close to shoulder launched artillery as anyone would care for. Can tell if it's been a good day of hunting by how purple my shoulder is.
Old December 10, 2008, 11:58 PM   #8
Katrina Guy

not impressed

Typically people in here anyway, don't post photos with finger smudge marks on the receiver!

(LMAO-nice looking firearm)

Tags
bps , browning , high capacity , shotgun