The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old August 15, 2009, 11:40 PM   #1
HDTVSELLER

fie titan E-27 fireing pin help

ok ive have a issue with this new project i just desided to take on. so the firing pin flew out the back the last time i shot it and cant seam to find it . now that ive been looking alittle on line they make 3 differnt firing pins for this gun and i have no idea on how to know which one to get or even really what happend to make it fly out. i know this gun is kinda a low end get what you pay for gun but it was given to me so a plus for me. so how would i know witch firing pin to get im kinda lost and would like some help pointing me into the right direction. thanks
Old August 18, 2009, 04:05 PM   #2
glenncal1

There is a drift pin that secures the firing pin (that probably fell out causing your firing pin to go) check the location of the drift pin in relation to the striker end of the firing pin. You will have to call and find out which model you have. Make sure you buy the firing pin spring and the drift pin.

Many K and N Frames
Old August 18, 2009, 10:15 PM   #3
James K
Member In Memoriam

FIE stands for Firearms Import and Export, in Miami. AFAIK, they went bankrupt about ten years ago and never revived, and I have no idea who actually made the guns. If can find a source for the firing pin, you might have to order all three types, then return the ones that don't work.

Jim
Old August 19, 2009, 12:59 AM   #4
HDTVSELLER

thanks ive been tring to figure out this little gun for a while and then for some reason i cant find a serial number anywhere on this gun almost like it wasnt ment to be found for a reason. but i found a couple of sites that had all three pins and just didnt really explain whitch or even why all three was offered. now this may be a stupid question again but how do i find out what model it is? i ive shot this gun bf so i know its in working condition and i just recently buffed out a few nicks on the slide. or is this gun kinda like a waste of time honest? i just figured heck a firing pin 50 bucks and you may have the gun back in working order again. and i figured it was a hole in the wall company when you cant find a whole lot of info in the little thing. thanks for yalls help so far. its very much appreciated